JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Um.... no. (Unfortunately)

I just read I-594 again. At first, I assumed this was correct (which is ridiculous). However, reading it again I found the following:
(b) Except as provided in (a) of this subsection, the licensed dealer shall comply with all requirements of federal and state law that would apply if the licensed dealer were selling or transferring the firearm from its inventory to the purchaser or transferee, including but not limited to conducting a background check on the prospective purchaser or transferee in accordance with federal and state law requirements and fulfilling all federal and state recordkeeping requirements.

So it appears you still have to go to a "licensed dealer" for a private sale but would be exempt from a Brady background check with a CPL? Even with a CPL I'm almost certain that you can't do face to face transfers without going to a "licensed dealer". Maybe someone with more legal experience could chime in here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top