JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ABC reported two mountain bikers were attacked and one killed by a mountain lion in Western Washington. Very unusual activity on its own but they found the cougar standing over his "kill" afterward. I know cougars well and this is very unusual activity for them. The cat was obviously looking for a meal. It will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals. I have little sympathy for snowflakes (or anyone else) with the attitude that they are recreating in a Disney Park when in the wild and hate to see spandex clad cyclers on my road. They are generally obnoxious and a hazard to themselves as well as other traffic.............. I always love it when my neighbor is moving his 24' head combine down the road but my wife accuses me of being perverse............ Do you think they were wishing for a gun?

In the part of oregon I'm from (above crown point) cats have been stalking and attempting to attack road bicyclists for some time.
I will ask a friend of mine of some pics from his trail cam, because, in recent years, due to restrictions on using dogs for wildcat hunting, there are more cats than food on larch mtn, and some cats have taken to hunting in packs.
He has pics of as many as 7 together, which is terrifying. My mother sees them off her back porch nightly, more in recent weeks than before.

Edited for punctuation. Punctuation still likely incorrect.

I believe they were praying for help which is usually a person WITH a gun...
Now if these people that were attacked are related to a Politician you can better bet that something will be done.
My solution is to repeal the No hunting with hounds initiative...;)

Mountain bikers and trail runners may not know the unique danger they volunteer for.
When you're moving fast through the woods, an animal may decide not to run when you suddenly come up on them.

I expect more of this to happen as unarmed city folk take to the woods for these two hobbies.
Mother Nature will thin the herd.

Last Edited:
I live just on the edge of the urban boundary between the Portland Metro and farmland. Cougars have been spotted within a few hundred yards and there is a large High School here as well.

We stopped hunting them so they no longer fear us. I wouldn't be surprised if I shot one protecting my dog I'd be arrested.

I've seen the photos and video as well as the story that somebody I know went to his back porch in this area... and momma kitty bolted from under the porch. Kitten kitty was on the porch earlier that morning. This is within the last three weeks.

photo via the video from inside the house of the 'kitten.'

Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 4.32.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-19 at 4.34.07 PM.png

It would be terrible to be killed by an animal IMO

.... or anything really. A combine would totally suck.

Yah, I get tired of these road warrior cyclists hogging the back roads and making it unsafe to pass, the flipping me off as I peruse their man knots. (I was trying to avoid saying man buns... I'm not perusing man buns!!!)

In the part of oregon I'm from (above crown point) cats have been stalking and attempting to attack road bicyclists for some time.
I will ask a friend of mine of some pics from his trail cam, because, in recent years, due to restrictions on using dogs for wildcat hunting, there are more cats than food on larch mtn, and some cats have taken to hunting in packs.
He has pics of as many as 7 together, which is terrifying. My mother sees them off her back porch nightly, more in recent weeks than before.

Edited for punctuation. Punctuation still likely incorrect.
I'm sure they see the 'bikers' as prey and therefore chase them down. (Bet that Spandex tastes terrible tho)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews