JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

We need 30 people for this event. Will you be there?

• Total voters
Reactions
Check back to this first post for any changes or updates prior to this event.

Sat Feb 27, 2016, 9 AM to 1 PM (+/- an hour).

Google Map Links: To meeting area at the LARGE GRAVEL PIT...

From Orchards, I205 & SR500...
https://goo.gl/maps/zNIoL

Or, Through Hockinson...
https://goo.gl/maps/TyosX

Or, From Camas area...
https://goo.gl/maps/2ZL03

GPS Coordinance:
45°43'5.63"N
122°19'1.15"W

This is only about half mile off the pavement. Easy for car or motorcycle.​

Description:
We will be cleaning up outdoor target shooting sites. WA DNR will provide bags, latex gloves and garbage disposal. DNR will covered L & I insurance for the day. They will also provide free 1 day Discover Pass parking permits. Also, the volunteer hours you spend on this project will apply toward a free annual Discover Pass (Free with a total of 24 volunteer hours on any approved DNR project).

Lunch Provided:
BBQ lunch noon to 1 pm. Enjoy! Thank you for your help!

After Lunch:
Please stay and enjoy some play time target shooting. Be sure to bring ear and eye protection and appropriate legal targets.

What to bring:
Gloves, Boots, Jeans, Rake, Shovel, Legal Targets and something with a trigger!

What to Expect:
Coffee, donuts, lunch, meet new and old friends, help to keep our State Lands open to recreational outdoor shooting, help keep our public land playground clean and have some fun target shooting.

This event is open to all Public, Family and Children. A great way to meet new people, do some shooting and help clean up our State Lands.

We are expecting at least 30 people for this event. Please be sure of your schedule when you cast your vote above. You may change your vote at any time. We will adjust our food count accordingly. Volunteers will also be coming from outside this site and we need to account for them as well. Thank you.

Additional ways to help:
We need a few things... Can you provide any of these?
  • BBQ equipment & Cook
  • Burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, & chips (we'll be checking stores for donations)
  • A 1 or 2 burner Propane cook stove (to cook the coffee and tea water)
  • Propane coffee pot and coffee
  • Coffee creamer
  • Donuts and cookies
  • Snack bars
  • Portable toilet (camping type like Port-a-Potty) and a tent for the Port-a-Potty.

This event is sponsored by Northwest Firearms, Washington State DNR, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's and Butcher Boys Meats.

Please VOTE in the VOTE BOX above!

Who to contact:
Cogs, or post here.

Thank you!

Cogs

Last Edited:
Rules for shooting on Washington State Lands. As per Department of Natural Resources.

Web link: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=332-52-145

These are common rules, to us, reasonable and typical of an outdoor sportsman using good common sense.

WAC 332-52-145

Firearms and target shooting.
(1) What is recreational target shooting? Recreational target shooting is the use of a firearm or bow and arrow on targets and the sighting in of rifles or other firearms on department-managed lands. The department regulates and enforces target shooting on department-managed lands.
(a) The department may restrict target shooting for the reasons set forth in WAC 332-52-100.
(b) Persons shall not target shoot carelessly, recklessly, or without regard for the safety of any person, or in a manner that endangers, or is likely to endanger, any person, pet, livestock, wildlife or property.
(c) Persons shall not discharge tracer or incendiary ammunition or projectile devices on department-managed lands. For purposes of this subsection, "incendiary" means causing or designed to cause fires, such as certain substances or bombs. "Tracer ammunition" means a bullet, projectile, or shell that traces its own course in the air with a trail of smoke, chemical incandescence, or fire, so as to facilitate adjustment of the aim.
(2) Does recreational target shooting include hunting? No. This section does not apply to hunting activities, which are subject to the rules and regulations administered by the Washington state department of fish and wildlife.
(3) Where is target shooting permitted?
(a) Persons may target shoot in:
(i) Developed recreation facilities specifically designed for target shooting; or
(ii) Areas with an unobstructed, earthen backstop capable of stopping all projectiles and debris in a safe manner.
Persons shall not target shoot in any other location.
(b) Persons shall not shoot within, from, along, across, or down roads or trails.
(c) Persons shall not shoot on, at, across, along, down, from, or within five hundred feet, of:
(i) Recreational facilities that are not specifically designed for target shooting;
(ii) Residences;
(iii) Businesses;
(iv) Structures;
(v) Other areas as restricted;
(vi) Areas designated or posted as no shooting.
(4) What may be used as a target?
(a) Items that are commercially manufactured for the specific purpose of target shooting or similar targets privately manufactured by the person(s) engaging in target shooting that are consistent with this section.
(b) Unauthorized targets include but are not limited to:
(i) Natural features, except earthen berms or banks used as backstops for target shooting;
(ii) Vegetation;
(iii) Structures;
(iv) Gates;
(v) Vehicles;
(vi) Signs;
(vii) Other department improvements;
(viii) Appliances;
(ix) Furniture;
(x) Glass;
(xi) Privately owned or occupied structures;
(xii) Pets, service animals or livestock;
(xiii) Wildlife;
(xiv) Explosive and incendiary items;
(xv) Garbage of any kind.
Persons shall not target shoot at unauthorized targets.
(5) When is target shooting permitted? Unless otherwise posted, persons shall not target shoot one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise.
(6) Is possession of a loaded firearm in or on a motor vehicle permitted on department-managed lands? Persons shall not possess a loaded firearm in or on a motor vehicle, except as provided by state law.
(7) Who is responsible for disposing of spent items resulting from target shooting? Persons who target shoot shall dispose of spent items and remove all shell casings, targets, ammunition packaging, or target fragments resulting from their activity, with the exception of biodegradable clay targets. Failure to remove any such debris is prohibited.
(8) Any violation of this section is a misdemeanor except a violation of subsection (7) of this section is an infraction under chapter 7.84 RCW.

I'll have to see how my back is doing around that time so might not be able to do physical labor so I might just be the camp cook or bottle washer or something like that. I do have some things I can bring like a 3 burner propane stove. ;)

Any excuse requiring me to buy donuts , I'm your guy. How many dozen's should I bring.

Enough room there for some fun skeet shooting ?
Many dozens, that you should bring. :)

Well, not that many. I'm sure we'll have 4+ doz, so if you wanted to bring 1 or two of them, that will be great! Thank you!

Skeet... Roger that!

Teach by example.jpg

I have a flier for this event made up. Message me and I can send you a file by email. It looks a lot better than this, but this is the info it has on it. It's an 8 1/2 x 11 portrate paper, black and white, with 2 fliers on each page. You need to cut it in half to get 2 fliers per page. Has bold and centered, ect...

Use it to hand out to Washington area gun shops, outdoor stores and work place bulletin boards.

Volunteer Clean Up Event

You are invited to join Northwest Firearms

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9 am to 1 pm

Yacolt Burn State Forest on Larch Mntn, Clark Co. WA.​

Help clean up outdoor target shooting sites. WA DNR provides free 1 day Discover Pass parking permits. Hours apply toward a free annual Discover Pass (With total of 24 volunteer hrs on approved DNR projects).

Free BBQ lunch noon to 1 pm. Enjoy! Free drawing prizes! Coffee, donuts & lunch! Thank you for your help!

Bring Gloves, Boots, Jeans, Rake and Shovel!

Meet new friends and help us keep State Lands open to recreational outdoor shooting.

This event is open to all Public, Family and Children.

Sponsored by Northwest Firearms, and Washington State Dept of Natural Resources

Sportsman's Warehouse Vancouver, and Butcher Boys Meats.

More info at Northwest Firearms Community Outreach section, "Washington Clean up Feb 27th, 2016 Yacolt Burn State Forest"

Last edited by a moderator:
Safeway, in Washougal, is going to help with a food donation. Cool! Now I've got to figure out how much hamburger and hot dogs to order for 40 people.

Any experience ordering for an event like this?

I have a flier for this event made up. Message me and I can send you a file by email. It looks a lot better than this, but this is the info it has on it. It's an 8 1/2 x 11 portrate paper, black and white, with 2 fliers on each page. You need to cut it in half to get 2 fliers per page. Has bold and centered, ect...

Use it to hand out to Washington area gun shops, outdoor stores and work place bulletin boards.

Volunteer Clean Up Event

You are invited to join Northwest Firearms

Sat Feb 27, 2016 9 am to 1 pm

Yacolt Burn State Forest on Larch Mntn, Clark Co. WA.​

Help clean up outdoor target shooting sites. WA DNR provides free 1 day Discover Pass parking permits. Hours apply toward a free annual Discover Pass (With total of 24 volunteer hrs on approved DNR projects).

Free BBQ lunch noon to 1 pm. Enjoy! Free drawing prizes! Coffee, donuts & lunch! Thank you for your help!

Bring Gloves, Boots, Jeans, Rake and Shovel!

Meet new friends and help us keep State Lands open to recreational outdoor shooting.

This event is open to all Public, Family and Children.

Sponsored by Northwest Firearms, and Washington State Dept of Natural Resources

Sportsman's Warehouse Vancouver, and Butcher Boys Meats.

More info at Northwest Firearms Community Outreach section, "Washington Clean up Feb 27th, 2016 Yacolt Burn State Forest"
Was able to get a few of these handed out to businesses around Vancouver area (Sportsman's Warehouse, Bi-Mart Orchards, Ammo Depot, Sporting Systems, Fern Prairie Market and a couple more). Would like to spread around Battle Ground, Brush Prairie and Yacolt. Let me know if you can hand out a few. I'll send you the PDF file.

Also added the QR code that links back to this thread...
DNR 2-27-16.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews