Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Wa. CDL drivers maybe others but not sure on that.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oknow, Dec 28, 2015.

1. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

Just a heads up on something new.
    When you go to renew your license you have to bring your birth certificate. Hellof a deal you can be potus and not show it but to drive a truck you have to show it. :s0125::s0125:

Don H and Caveman Jim like this.
  2. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I enjoyed the medical endurance test at the doctor's office "Mr308, just run in place right over there for 30-seconds...okay, you pass"...lol

3. oknow

Glad to hear your healthy. Lol

4. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I wonder if the GOV are gonna ask those who want to register to vote if "THEY" have a valid BC????:eek::eek::eek:

Don H, oknow and U201491 like this.
  5. RLS

RLS milwaukie Active Member

I highly doubt it, That would be racist to even suggest such a thing.

My money is on them getting special treatment when renewing their CDL also. I know i wont get any.

Dyjital, Don H and oknow like this.
  6. oknow

Beat me to it. Lol

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
    Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

You bring up Real-ID and then I stumble over this on FARK:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...urce=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

"The law was originally scheduled to go into effect in 2008 but was subject to repeated delays. In recent months, DHS has been telling states those delays are over and that the law will be implemented in 2016. However, any restrictions on air travel won't go into place without at least 120 days' notice, and no state has received such a notice yet. In several states, however, restrictions on entering federal buildings could kick in as early as January 10."

Does anyone know if this will affect the VA facilities in WA?

"However, nine states and several US territories are due to have their exemption expire on January 10, 2016. The states facing a January expiration are Alaska, California, Illinois, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Carolina, and Washington. Puerto Rico, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands face the same deadline. Minnesota and American Samoa are already listed as non-compliant."

"Those states facing the deadline shouldn't be hopeful for a last-minute reprieve. Local and AP news reports say that DHS has already told officials in Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, and Washington that their requests for additional extensions have been denied."

9. PiratePast40

To get back to the OPs point, here's a link to the Washington state page concerning the new ID requirements for a CDL: http://www.dol.wa.gov/cdlchanges/

It's part of the Enhanced Driver License program. Looks to me like the states are doing their citizens a disservice by not getting with the program.

10. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

11. PiratePast40

Dyjital likes this.
  12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I obviously don't need it now,being retired, but I gave mine up years ago cause it seem it cost too much for companies to fix brakes on trucks and equipment trailers
    I actually had the shop foreman,for a natural gas distribution company in King county,tell me
    "I don't care,I don't drive them" Then maybe I run over your family "then I'll own the company"
    POS
    Nothing stupider than paying the shop foreman for saving money

13. PiratePast40

For those asking about voting and access to government services, found this:
    "REAL ID requirements do not apply to entering federal facilities that do not require showing ID, voting or registering to vote, applying for or receiving federal benefits, driving, accessing health services, or engaging in “constitutionally protected activities” such as defending oneself in court."

Here's the source for the citation above: http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article40859325.html

Seems this is much more convoluted than it appears. It looks like a major hurdle is not the collection and verification of data, but storage and transmitting to a third party for government consumption. I now understand why the non-resident/undocumented drivers license vote was such a big deal in 2014.

14. Cooliorz

Cooliorz Portland, Oregon New Member

This is probably an effort to crack down on illegal immigrants applying for fraudulent lisences.

15. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

WA and OR are sanctuary states you better believe they ain't asking Syrians for the BCs

16. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Choke, Choke, Choke, LOL, LOL, eyes watering, that's some funny stuff right there.

oknow likes this.
  17. Cooliorz

Cooliorz Portland, Oregon New Member

I'm sorry. I guess I'm not current with the latest conspiracy theory.
    Care to enlighten me?

18. scrandall01215

scrandall01215 Washougal,WA Well-Known Member

As a driver you can refuse to drive a vehicle at anytime and if needed report it to DOT with out being punished and that is a a current DOT Reg. And has been one for at least a decade! Good grief!!
    Stacy

oknow likes this.
  19. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Yes I understood this. It was easier to just not drive or go work at a real contractor.
    I was a heavy equipment operator anyway not a teamster

scrandall01215 likes this.
  20. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter