JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I thought I'd share something positive as my first post, to offset in advance the cynicism and bile for which I'm generally known.

I was at the county capitol to file some paperwork today, and decided to finally get a CCW permit.
After finding out why I was there, and that I wouldn't be around tomorrow, the assistant jumped right up and said, “we're not doing fingerprinting today, so you'll have to give us a second to get the kit ready.”
Talk about service, eh? Whole thing took like twenty minutes

Suspicion of local government: -50
Respect for county officials: +20
Certainty there’s no warrants out for me: +100%

You have gained a level in Citizenship LOL

I too had a VERY VERY pleasant experience at the Clark County S's Office last week when I submitted my application.

I gotta get off my duff (hey! a pun for those that know me in the real world...) and get my WA CDL too since I'm often up there & carrying weird vintage musical stuff that I've been robbed of before.

HeyI know this has been gone over here in other threads maaany times, but could y'all give me a quick reminder? As an Oregon CHL holder and resident, I can go to whichever WA county to apply for a WA CDL, yes?

Yes - if you are not a WA resident you can apply at any WA location. per WA state licensing website here:http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firearms/faconcealreq.html

portion that applies:
Where to apply

* If you live in the unincorporated area of a county apply at your sheriff's office.
* If you live in an incorporated city within the county, apply at either the city police department or sheriff's office.
* If you aren't a Washington State resident, apply at any local law enforcement agency in Washington.

Documents you'll need

You'll need to bring all of the following:

* Picture identification such as a Washington State driver license or identification card. If you don't have a Washington State driver license or identification card, you must provide proof you have lived in the state for at least the last 90 days.
* The $55.25 fee in cash, check, or money order made payable to the law enforcement agency. This fee is non-refundable.
* If you're in the military, your military ID and orders listing your station location.

Background check required

You must be fingerprinted and have a criminal history background check before you can be issued a license. Please see Frequently asked questions for more information about licensing requirements.

This is turning into the feelgood thread. :D
It's always good to have a reminder that the majority law enforcement can be counted on to support the people's rights, and that the disturbing stories we often hear are outliers--at least in this part of the country.

Seems to echo my experiences last year at Clark County Sheriff's office in downtown Vancouver when applying for mine. Quick, courteous, and done in less than 20 minutes. Had my license in the mail in under a week.

For what it's worth, my experience with Multnomah County Sheriff for my OR license (as a non-resident) shortly after was similar. Other than the process of having to fax the application and wait for them to send me an appointment date, it was painless, quick, and took only about 3 weeks after they took my prints and money to have a license.

Now, if WA state would just make the stinking license fit in a standard wallet!

Nothing, if you are an OR resident, as WA recognizes reciprocity with the UT permit so long as you are not a resident. As a WA resident, the WA permit gives me the right to carry concealed within my state borders (and also ID and MT since they recognize the permit of any other state without explicitely stating reciprocity). I may bother to get UT one of these days, but currenly the WA and OR permits give me access to anywhere I really have a desire to go at the moment...

its so simple. except it took about 10 mins to get my finger prints cause my hands were so dry that day, walked in and walked out in less then 2o mins and they told me it would be mailed to my oregon address within 3 months.

When I got my first permit in Clark County over 24 years ago the deputy held it back when I reached for it. Told me "I wouldn't give any of these out if it weren't State law", then let me take it.

Don't know what his problem was.

My father had a permit MANY years ago, but he was an auditor for the Dept. of Labor and Industries and went out to businesses and homes to collect money. Some people were less than thrilled to see him show up!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Kinda cool being how liberal this state is huh? We still have some confusing guns laws and also some dumb ones in my opinion but I guess thats to be expected.

What does the WA permit get me vs. The Utah permit?
The nonresident WA permit doesn't get you any states a nonresident UT does. It is a subset of the states that honor the UT permit.

If I recall correctly WA recently removed the UT permit from their list, but yet when I just checked the site and was still there. Weird. (maybe it was Nevada, as I was looking into that state's reciprocity as well).
It might have been NV or NM. WA recognizes UT as far as I know.:s0131:

The wait time must vary between counties because I just picked mine up in December. You know how long I had to wait to get mine after I applied? About 3 minutes. They gave it to me that day. Gotta love Kittitas County.

It's here baby!
20 days isn't bad at all--it certainly shows they're not holding them back deliberately.
Now I just have to fit the stupid book-sized thing into my wallet somehow...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top