JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

Pretty ridiculous.......another case of cops killing someone for no reason, with no justice for the deceased.

Don't think I'm anti cop, just anti cops killing the folks they are supposed to protect.

God, hand me another tissue...I just can't stop crying... Guy with an axe, cops with guns...he was ordered to drop it, was tased, then advanced on the cops...maybe Darwin's theory isn't so far fetched after all.

Well, there are three different versions of what happened that night, not to mention the Seattle times' version of telling it. So, before there can be any conclusions the truth needs to be ascertained. Good luck with that. This is probably all we'll ever hear about the situation. Having said that, it appears there was "blame" all the way around. The circumstances for this event had been coming together for a long time. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

In my crystal ball, I see to unemployed police officers facing criminal charges!

Your crystal ball is cloudy grasshopper.
Unfortunately,the officers will do the same as the one who killed the wood worker downtown Seattle and say they feared for their lives.

And they probably did.Doesn't make it a righteous shoot,but they may,in fact,have feared for their lives.
And that part could make them unfit for police work.

Back a few years,right up here in Port Angeles,a retired LA cop took a sheriff job.He was the only guy who could talk to this one mentally handicapped kid Well a young adult.
So he goes to the house to talk to this kid. The kid opens the door and shoots the only person that could calm him.

Most times the police don't know what's on the other side of the door and what the people are capable of .

I wasn't there so I can't judge.

I agree with what you are saying mjbskwim but I think the real story here is how the description of events that both of the officers gave completely contradicts the story that the witnesses (yes they are the victims parents but still witnesses) gave and the officers stories even seem to contradict eachother. This original story from the Times makes the victim sound like an "ax-wielding " maniac of sorts and most of this original story seems to be complete fiction.

<broken link removed>

I agree with what you are saying mjbskwim but I think the real story here is how the description of events that both of the officers gave completely contradicts the story that the witnesses (yes they are the victims parents but still witnesses) gave and the officers stories even seem to contradict eachother. This original story from the Times makes the victim sound like an "ax-wielding " maniac of sorts and most of this original story seems to be complete fiction.

<broken link removed>

If there is a conflict of interest between any person within the story of a press release & the police spokesman that release's the story to the press. You can bet there will be a bad light drawn upon those in conflict with the police spokesman or his co- workers. Take what you read from another, for what it is. Hearsay, nothing more.

Like I stated,I can't say what really happened.Unfortunately the parents of this kid let him have access to an axe. The police were called and he did,indeed,by everyone's accounts ,have an axe.

Again,not saying it was a righteous shooting or that they didn't lie ,but he did have an axe in his hands.
And neither will be prosecuted for this.Should say none of them.Their boss will be OK also.

Oh,he was 43? The first article was so drawn out I didn't read the whole thing.He did have some mental issues though.

This is a rampant problem in Western Washington, I too love and appreciate the police for the job they do, yet I'm soooo tired of cops getting away with murder. Anyone without a badge would be booked immediately on a minimum of man slaughter charges.

Well, there are three different versions of what happened that night, not to mention the Seattle times' version of telling it. So, before there can be any conclusions the truth needs to be ascertained. Good luck with that. This is probably all we'll ever hear about the situation. Having said that, it appears there was "blame" all the way around. The circumstances for this event had been coming together for a long time. Of course, hindsight is always 20/20.

Generaly all it takes is putting in a public records request for the police report. I'm not saying that it would have anymore or acurate information, but I would taker it over a newspaper story.

Believe me, you can't base a decision on information gathered by Bainbridge Island reporters. Take a lesson from my own personal experience, I played good sam and helped a young female sexual assult victim. By the time it got to print, I was the bad guy waving a gun around and threatening that innocent rapist. (hint) she forcefully entered my home to "hide" and I don't have a gun.

Great job by tbe police. Handled the situation with as much professionalism as possible. Better than I would. I know several of the police here, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Good bunch. Level headed and do a good job of striking that balance of protecting the public and officer safety. No trigger happy thugs on the force here on the island. Good guys.

Yeah, I know what it's about. Not allowed to have firearms here. I own one. Can't be in possession of it here. Private property laws trump constitutional laws every time. Their property, their rules. Though the lease clearly states they aren't responsible if I'm attacked. Go figure.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top