JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Credit again to reddit user u/chunkyhrvatski on r/WA_guns for the writeup:
renderTimingPixel.png

AWB has been filed, we expected this. You must comment on every single bill and you must call and email your representatives. If you have done this then call the attorney general's office and contact Jesse Salomon. As a specific action today we are pressuring the Senate Law and Justice committee, they have the power to stop all these bills from the senate. Contact moderate democrat Jesse Salomon at (360) 786-7662 and [email protected]. He needs to get a thousand calls today. Salomon is not a hardline anti-gunner and needs to know that democrats in this state own firearms too and will not stand for sweeping bans on all modern firearms.

Assault weapons ban: SB 5217 THIS IS NEW, COMMENT ON IT NOW

Talking points:
  • This bill has been brought forth and defeated time and time again. After 2020 more Washingtonians forever of all political affiliations and demographics own modern firearms, all of which are arbitrarily defined herein as "assault weapons". This is no longer a partisan issue and is essentially a ban on all contemporary firearms.
  • Washingtonians are already required to pass multiple lengthy criminal background checks, a background check on our mental health and attend a training class covering firearms use and law to own any semi-automatic rifle. We have all demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt our exceptional lawfulness and commitment to firearms safety and responsible use.
  • This bill is a direct copy of the expired '94 AWB, which sunsetted due to no organization in the entire country being able to provide evidence it had any effect on crime. It includes bans on firearms that have not been sold or manufactured for decades, this shows that the sponsors of the bill do not understand what they are regulating and are not committed to firearms safety or crime reduction in any way.

I'll add this: while measures such as SB5217 are popular political footballs with constituencies within the greater King County metro area, it is important to consider the tens of thousands of Washingtonians statewide who will be financially injured due to their property, which is often a hefty investment, becoming illegal overnight. This is legal fuel for the swarm of lawsuits to come should this bill pass. Our reps would serve us best to vote this bill down and focus on measures to actually improve life in a state impacted by COVID, civil unrest, and general buffoonery. WRITE AND CALL YOUR REPS!!

Last Edited:
I called the 7664 number and was told that was not the number for Salomon
360-786-7662 is the correct number for Jesse Salomon 786-7664 belongs to state Senator Karen Keiser
So I asked Senator Keiser to oppose it as well!
And Senator Lynda Wilson, too.

Last Edited:
I called the 7664 number and was told that was not the number for Salomon
360-786-7662 is the correct number for Jesse Salomon 786-7664 belongs to state Senator Karen Keiser
So I asked Senator Keiser to oppose it as well!
And Senator Lynda Wilson, too.
Good looking out. I edited the post above and alerted the author. Thank you!

Make no mistake: This is firearms REGISTRATION :eek: Folks...from Sec. 3 of the Senate Bill:

(2)(a) A person who lawfully possessed, has a purchase order for,
or completed an application to purchase an assault weapon before
January 1, 2022, and who has registered:eek: the assault weapon with the Washington state patrol may:
Continue to possess
and transport the assault weapon;

Companion House Bill HB-1229 - very similar has been introduced link/comment: Washington State Legislature

This should have ALOT more than ~195 views folks. :(

Spread.The.Word. Get 'er done.

Boss

Emails sent ... snail mail letters in the box. Phone calls will go out Monday.

And now to hit up everybody I know to get them to do the same!

This is go time folks! I really believe it's now or never for your civil rights.

Last Edited:
I wrote to ALL of mine and emailed to Jesse Salomon. :)
This isn't the 1st time this line hasn't come up...
Senators Kuderer, Darneille, Dhingra, Hunt, Liias, Nguyen, Pedersen, and Wilson, C.; by request of Attorney General ....Take NOTE: ...by request of Attorney General :mad:

BTW: The forum needs some $ donations due to political attacks & loss of revenue.
I donated & am happy to do so.

Dan

I cannot imagine compliance would be very high. Lots of people bought second hand before 594, built up from "other"/80%... registration leads to confiscation...Everybody knows that.

Keep it up y'all! Im told that the AWB wont get past committee! That said, they will be focusing on the mag ban instead (and other bills outlined in my other post).....KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top