JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Guys,

I've always wanted to add a Benchmade auto knife to my collection.

I know carrying an auto knife is illegal in WA, but what about just keeping it at home in my gun safe? Please don't tell me that is also illegal..

so its saying it if legal to carry a OTF auto if you are a service member or rescue service men?

Not quite what it says. It has specific descriptions of what each group means and when they can legally carry them. So if you fit in one of those groups and under those conditions not only can you carry an OTF but any other style of knife that is listed.

RCW 9.41.250 does not apply to:
22 (a) The possession or use of a spring blade knife by a general
23 authority law enforcement officer, firefighter or rescue member,
24 Washington state patrol officer, or military member, while the officer
25 or membe
r

Really not useful for anyone but those listed... pretty small percentage of the pop.

What if I work in a Trauma ER? Does that count as someone who is "authorized" to own one? No intention of carrying.

So no civilian in WA can own an automatic knife in their home? I need to move to Oregon....

What if I work in a Trauma ER? Does that count as someone who is "authorized" to own one? No intention of carrying.

So no civilian in WA can own an automatic knife in their home? I need to move to Oregon....

That is not on the list of people exempt from 9.41.250.

You are correct about not being able to legally own one unless you are in an exempt position.

Another example of how stupid those who occupy the WA congress are. First, isn't such a knife an arm? If so then it is covered by the state constitution. Second, how dangerous is it when compared to a firearm?
They pass these laws because they can get away with it. Unlike firearms, the knifes do not have a strong lobby to pursue court cases.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads