JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would expect that the few who held out to the point of losing their jobs voted. They are seldom the problem. Many here love to pretend its not happening but its proven over and over here. When some new gun law is going on members soon find out almost none of their friends know its going on. Put out a petition to give us a redo on the law than made the 10/22 an "assault weapon" and we can't even get enough shooters to sign it. People who think these are the kind who are going to do anything? Sure, don't hold your breath here. If this latest law is not shot down by the courts we are going to see gun owners "just finding out" it happened for the next year or better who had no clue. When they find out they will still do nothing but complain and talk about moving. :(
Movements start with zealots and gain followers over time.

As far as "who would do something."

I would say that people don't follow a logical path for everything they do. It would be ideal if people just voted so these insidious efforts are nipped in the bud, but just because they don't vote doesn't mean they wouldn't over time participate in other endeavors.

There was a bunch of people who showed up to the capital and walked around in demonstration. It's unlikely that every single one of those people votes, and yet they were still there doing something that they felt was relevant.

Regarding voting. I don't think voting fixes this either. If these measures are considered constitutional, eventually the number of idiots casting a vote could do it. The whole point of constitutionally respected rights was such that they were not subject to a vote.

The long term game is this: politics is downstream of culture, and they have a cyclical influence such that it exponentially accelerates. This is why things in the last decade are significantly crazier than decades past.

Fixing the culture will fix the politics.

The school system today exists as primarily a leftist indoctrination camp, ideologically marxist. The two biggest teachers unions in the country are just money funnels to democrat politicians, and if you read what they promote in their union magazines it just is pukeworthy. Sending kids to places with this influence from a young age to legal adulthood is guaranteed to produce a large percentage of generations of people told what to think and incapable of critically thinking because they've never been exposed to other ideas in a fair light. They are taught what to think, not how to think critically. I personally find it difficult to believe the public education system can be redeemed there is so much bloat and 'cancer' there from top to bottom.

There's a multitude of other problems, but those are obvious ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top