JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
SO, legally speaking...

Whats the story on carrying a 12" AOW 870 12ga...

Would make a great backpacking gun.

I dont intend to carry it to Winco, but if Im out hiking or whatnot in the woods, am I legal to do so?

Havent found much info one way or the other.

I have not seen a law in the RCW's against it either. It is a legal firearm and as such you can carry it.

I do know a few years back there was a question that got brought up about CCW with a AOW and was a big issue. I dont recall the outcome.

Im pretty sure that using one as a CCW would get you into some hot water, esp if you had to use it. Seems to be a grey area about it being a 'pistol' or 'handgun' as it relates to the carry permit.

I suppose I could ask the dealer who transfers it... Im sure theyve been asked a thousand times about the when and wheres of keeping an AOW.

The bastages at Olympia changed our CC weapons lisc to a pistol lisc. I am pretty sure AOWs are not allowed. Consider a PDW short stockless rifle. HK/AR/AK

I can not find a link to the outcome several years ago. Maybe another member can find it.

Ok, so we have CPL's for "pistols". How does WA define pistols? RCW 9.41.010: Terms defined.

(13) "Pistol" means any firearm with a barrel less than sixteen inches in length, or is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand.

Last time I checked the AOW the OP is talking about meets that definition........ per our STATE law.

But then here is an opinion from the WA AG that does not quite fit this issue, <broken link removed> but it does say WA does not have an AOW listed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top