JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I get a nics check at least once a month.
Save them the trouble.
Once I learned that receivers goes through NICS. That's been the way since. Guy was like "you buy a lot of receivers" - I said, "if complete firearms went through NICS I'd do that, but who wants to wait 30 days for the stupid alternate check."

Once I learned that receivers goes through NICS. That's been the way since. Guy was like "you buy a lot of receivers" - I said, "if complete firearms went through NICS I'd do that, but who wants to wait 30 days for the stupid alternate check."
It's good to hear that a few different ffls do the " rcvr" thing. I got 3 or 4 I consider my go to for transfers.

This is hysterical to me...typical short sighted liberalism in action. From the Columbian article:

"The issue is that there is not a way to legally conduct the check under our current system." [Inslee spokesman]

And there never will be so long as 2A is in effect, genius. Yes, even after Washington implements its own BGC, allegedly in 2024. 2A + Supremacy Clause means it ain't gonna happen.

I fail to see how a rolling background check system would serve to keep anyone safer. If you commit a crime that rises to the level of Felony then any gun you try to buy you won't be able to pass the background check for. It just seems like extra red tape for the system to have to chew through.
Or Maybe there is something I don't understand about what I read?

Or maybe they'll just not renew Johnnie's CPL, yeah, that's it
I know for a fact that this does happen. A former pal of mine had a CPL for many years. He also had pled to a felony assault charge in the 70's. Before computers. Eventually, it caught up with him. Not only did his local PD refuse to renew, they came to his house and confiscated his existing permit which hadn't quite expired.

When this happens, the law can get a warrant and if they find guns, they can confiscate those too. "Felon in possession." Having a CPL sounds like probable cause to me. Or if they have been allowed inside, seeing that big green gun safe might do it.

I imagine that if this issue were to get worked out and they started reviewing BGC, when by update they found a new felon, they might send someone out. Like the ATF is sending people out to follow up on NFA no no purchases. But when you talk about sending someone to seize a person's guns, they'd better think about sworn officers with guns, not clerks. Maybe some would meekly turn over their guns; others might not.

Sad to say that's been my attitude lately.. Honestly its been this way for quite a while expecting these draconian laws and rights violations. I never got a CPL because to me its unlawful and I have natural right to carry, I don't need the nanny state to give me permission. Its just a back door registry.

But I think I have a friend who fits one of these categories he may want to know.

In 2026, people are going to find out their bank cards are registering all their gun and gun related purchases and the information is being given out to the public.

Now, have you heard of this new 'smokeless powder'?

did Washington state ever build a database on firearm purchases or are there just massive stacks of paper being stored somewhere?
I once visited a Government Archive Facility in Chicago, it was just an old warehouse full of cardboard boxes, not organized archived data as i thought

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top