JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Many gun owners only find out about bad laws long after they have been passed.

To be fair, some gun owners oppose the law and the encourage others to vote against it even though they don't know what all is in the initiative.

WA had annual checks for CPL holders for a long time and 1639 added semi-auto rifle purchasers to that annual check.

[Actually this is incorrect, it was a new section, see screenshot]

34D6627D-48BA-4078-9810-E521C034CCAF.jpeg

Last Edited:
Many gun owners only find out about bad laws long after they have been passed.

To be fair, some gun owners oppose the law and the encourage others to vote against it even though they don't know what all is in the initiative.

WA had annual checks for CPL holders for a long time and 1639 added semi-auto rifle purchasers to that annual check.

[Actually this is incorrect, it was a new section, see screenshot]

View attachment 1275198
That's because gun owners are too lazy to either read the proposed law or fail to read it in it's entirety..............

That's because gun owners are too lazy to either read the proposed law or fail to read it in it's entirety..............
To be somewhat fair they summed up a massive document in the ballot as "Do you think Assault Weapons should be regulated".

I know what the law was about and even to me that sounds sort of reasonable but to any non-gun person it's a no brainer most likely.

I just renewed my CPL back in July and took about 3 weeks to arrive. They now laminate the card since the last few times I renewed I had to do my own lamination of my CPL card.

There was an article about this non-enforcement in the newspaper yesterday. It fascinates me that the state can decide to not do something that was mandated by voters in an initiative ballot. I understand why this hasn't gone forward, there is no practical mechanism for it at present. But there is also the matter of money. Carrying out this desire of the voters would be expensive. Just goes to show that when it comes to money, the state can pick and choose. As long as they can get away with it, anyway. Now that it's in the open, there will be more heat on the issue.

Don't lawyers or somebody in the AG's office look over initiatives before they get placed on the ballot?

for pistol owners and semi auto rifle owners as mandated by I-1639
Columbian.com has an article on this today.
I did not realize this was a thing.
They also can access your medical records if I recall correctly.

Maybe next there will be tests for moral fitness and ideological correctness.

My question: If and when this part of the law is finally implemented, lets say Johnnie, a gun owner, cops a felony, WA discovers it, now what?

Does LE show up on Johnnie's doorstep with a search warrant or S.W.A.T. team? Or just take Johnnie's word for it that he threw them in the Columbia River? We know Johnnie isn't going to affirm he's still in possession of those guns, no matter how good the food is, that's a quick ride back to prison.

At what point will the state have to stop harassing a citizen who's had all his civil rights, but one, restored just because they don't believe him?

Or maybe they'll just not renew Johnnie's CPL, yeah, that's it 😉.

They must run them without needing anything from me because other then renewing I never go into the sheriffs office and never hear from them
We have never heard from them of course either because nothing has been flagged. I have to assume they just run the info they have to make sure nothing "new" pops up. Like some Judge placing some new order or such. I have to guess anyone with a CPL who did end up with some "new" problem would hear from them saying the Permit was suspended or canceled or such.

To be somewhat fair they summed up a massive document in the ballot as "Do you think Assault Weapons should be regulated".

I know what the law was about and even to me that sounds sort of reasonable but to any non-gun person it's a no brainer most likely.
1639 couldn't possibly have qualified as 1 initiative item with all they packed into it, but the RINO Wyman, who could have easily turned it down, let it slide. Now she works for Biden, big surprise.

RE : Proposed NEW gun laws.

For me......
The simple litmus test is.......
If/When it's been proposed by a Dem.

Just say "NO".

Aloha, Mark

PS....Rrrrrright......when was the last time a Dem actually proposed to let more FREEDOM RING concerning gun rights?

1639 couldn't possibly have qualified as 1 initiative item with all they packed into it, but the RINO Wyman, who could have easily turned it down, let it slide. Now she works for Biden, big surprise.
This is a GREAT example of why many of us have tried to warn people who like freedom to NOT sit back and expect the courts to "protect them". How many times do some of them scream about the "law"? Only to watch again as the "law" is what some black robe tells them it means? A LARGE bunch of gun owners voted for 1639 TWICE by ignoring it. Years after it went in many are still just finding out and boy are they mad. As they sat on their hands BOTH times they had a chance to fight it. 🤬

This is a GREAT example of why many of us have tried to warn people who like freedom to NOT sit back and expect the courts to "protect them". How many times do some of them scream about the "law"? Only to watch again as the "law" is what some black robe tells them it means? A LARGE bunch of gun owners voted for 1639 TWICE by ignoring it. Years after it went in many are still just finding out and boy are they mad. As they sat on their hands BOTH times they had a chance to fight it. 🤬
Ignorance or apathy, both can be deadly.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top