JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is this a good flint design?
Measures 4 5/8ths back to front; seems like a small rifle or pistol action.

This is a kit I got somehow(?) and needs to be threaded for 5-40 on the screws. Holes are dfilled and the names of parts need to be re-learned to put it together via instructions.(typed)

Ask Andy; ?

Is this a good flint design?
Measures 4 5/8ths back to front; seems like a small rifle or pistol action.

This is a kit I got somehow(?) and needs to be threaded for 5-40 on the screws. Holes are dfilled and the names of parts need to be re-learned to put it together via instructions.(typed)

Ask Andy; ?
These are good locks....for a later period flintlock rifle or fowler. ( 1800-1830ish )
The lock itself is a copy of a English design and would make for different look than most rifles out there being built today.

If you build a gun around it...make sure the vent hole is centered and near , but not at the exact bottom of the pan...Just slightly above the bottom of the pan.

Is a fusil and fowler the same or near same?
Short answer : Depends on the writer and context...

As a general rule a Fusil is a lighter in weight and at times , smaller caliber musket made for a Sergeant or Officer...they also are a bit fancier than an issue musket...
Or it could mean :
A light smoothbore made for general use...
Or perhaps :
A Northwest Tradegun...

A fowler is usually a single barrel smoothbore shotgun , flint or percussion...

Again the above is just a general rule...not engraved in stone.
Andy

It only takes one half finished lock to get the 'old' juices flowing to research barrels(Oregon barrel company assoc. with The gun works spfd,Oregon) to look at stocks and ferrels wood and builder classes. This could take all my time like the old days. Last time I ordered from the Builders Supply they were in Tenn. or Ohio.
Ya gotta love the muzzle stuffers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads