Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR VZ2008 VZ58 7.62x39

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by NewOG, Jun 3, 2015.

1. NewOG

NewOG Portland, Oregon New Member

Up for sale is my VZ 2008 (vz58), Czechoslovakia's answer to the AK47. $675

-Less than 120 rounds fired through it
    - milled receiver
    - 7.62x39 caliber
    - comes with bayonet and 5 30 round magazines (not pictured)

Advantages of Sa vz. 58 over AK47 rifles (cited from Richard Rich Chris)
    - All vz. 58 rifles possess a milled receiver; the vast majority of AK47s utilize stamped sheet metal receivers and are not as rigid as the vz.58 receiver.
    - Even with the milled receiver it is almost one pound lighter than a stamped AK47.
    - The bolt of the vz. 58 stays open after the last round in the magazine has been fired – the shooter immediately knows the firearm is empty and allows for quicker reloads.
    - The vz. 58 can be reloaded with stripper clips while the magazine is inserted in the rifle.
    - The vz. 58 has a more natural point of aim and is faster handling.
    - The safety is more ergonomic making a faster first shot possible with the vz. 58. Unlike the AK safety, the vz. 58 safety can be operated by just a forefinger with the hand remaining on the pistol grip.
    - vz.58 has no need for an ejection port dust cover as the receiver is completely enclosed. A cover (on the safety lever) must be used on the AK47 to prevent debris from entering the receiver through the reciprocating charging handle slot.
    - The ejection port is HUGE. There is no chance of an empty case getting stuck in the action of the vz. 58.
    - The vz. 58 gas piston can be removed or exchanged without tools.
    - The alloy magazine of the vz. 58 is half the weight of the steel AK47 magazine.
    - The vz. 58 is striker fired unlike the hammer fired AK47. This reduces the number of parts and possible points of failure.

IMG_1256_zpsktesky89.jpg
    IMG_1251_zpsphkuuy5w.jpg
    IMG_1249_zpsmz45vgre.jpg
    IMG_1250_zpsmhkgwo5u.jpg

jcm800 and djblingbling1 like this.
  2. Vorpalis

Vorpalis Portland, OR Active Member 2016 Volunteer

Did this ever sell?

3. NewOG

Nope, still got it. i have so much stuff for sale right now that i forgot i posted this.

4. HLS1

HLS1 Portland Metro Member

Still for sale?

5. NewOG

sorry for the late response, i tried from my phone but apparently didn't work.

I might sell this to my brother, if not i'll send you a pm