Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

VZ-58

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by czechmate82, Jul 2, 2011.

1. czechmate82

czechmate82 Marysville, WA Member

I don't know many people who own VZ-58s...actually, I'm the only one. Does anyone else own a VZ-58? What upgrades have you done to yours? I've added an all-metal stock and gas cover with rail. What optic have you tried on yours? I'm thinking red dot, but trying not to break the bank.

2. Riot

Riot Benton County, Washington Well-Known Member

I HATE VZ-58s! How can you stand yours? They don't even take regular AK mags! My only experience with the VZ58s were with the Afghan Police...loved the selector lever (except I wish they would put it on the other side) and I liked the fact that you could lock the bolt back- but that was about it. They looked well built but wouldn't withstand the abuse like the standard AKs and AMD-65s would. A little dirt and it was over.

3. czechmate82

czechmate82 Marysville, WA Member

I love my VZ-58. I don't run in the dirt with it, just target shoot, so it's reliable enough for me. They don't take regular AK mags, because they actually have a bolt hold open device, unlike an AK. I wonder if the Afghan Police ever cleaned their VZ-58s? The Czechs made the VZ with tighter tolerances for incresed accuracy, because they figured their guys would clean them once in awhile.

4. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I sure wish I had a VZ-58 to hate.

5. Bravo Juliet

Bravo Juliet Marysville Wa New Member

second that. saw one at a local gun store. nice piece.

6. coupeowner

coupeowner SW Portland Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Love my vz2008! But damn does it get hot! Only mods are a FSE recoil pad and a CNC Warrior compensator. About 200 rounds to date and no issues. Just a plinker, so no thrashing, but so far so good.

7. Riot

So, you'd rather have a more accurate rifle than a more reliable rifle? Why not just get an AR?

8. sprocket3

sprocket3 Oregon - Wet Side Member

I think he asked if you had one, not what you thought his purchase. Sounds like a nice gun to have instead of another AK or AR parts gun like the rest of the cats out there.

9. Riot

lol, fair enough...