Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Vz-58/2008 rifle $410

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by raftman, Aug 8, 2010.

1. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is a really neat rifle and has been 100% reliable. It is a Century made rifle, but this is easily among the best products they've come out with. It's accurate, lightweight, handy, and has a lot of cool factor as well. Comes with two mags, sling, mag pouch, cleaning kit, and manual. $410, which is a steal. No trades, other than I'd consider a Tantal AK-74.

_IGP3530.jpg

2. adipose

adipose Warren Member

PM Sent / Chuck

3. mwiding

mwiding Vanouver, WA Member

I'm very interested, but where in Oregon are you located??

4. raftman

raftman Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Location=Hillsboro. For some reason I always forget that part. In any case, it's already SPF.

5. sillyrabbit

sillyrabbit Salem, Oregon Member

Raftman,
    Should........... the SPF fail............ I'll take it.

6. Zlad

Zlad Tigard Member

Do those rifles take regular AK mags and if not can they with modification or does it go against parts count?

7. tallshipsgo

tallshipsgo Springfield OR Well-Known Member

No parts are interchangeable at all between the Vz 58 and an AK pattern. They are totally different rifles. The Vz 58 is based on the German STG44. The only thing the Vz and AK have in common is caliber (Soviet mandate at the time was that all rifles developed by Warsaw pact countries were to be in 7.62x39). If it doesn’t click that they’re different mechanically, think of an FAL and an AR10. They’re the same only in that they’re chambered for the same caliber and that’s where similarities end.

The Vz 58 is a fantastic rifle and has actually displaced the AK as my favorite 7.62x39. You can get spare parts and mags from czechpoint-usa.com for very reasonable prices.