JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does any one here have experience with the Vudoo v22 rifles or know much about them? Been looking for one for ELR22, but curious on input before I shell out that kind of coin. I have looked at countless YouTube videos, and so far they look great other than the price tag. Just trying to get something that is a little more accurate out to 400 yards than my current Tikka set up. What interests me the most is the action and how it does not deform the bullet potentially as it enters the chamber.

Shot my buddy's new Vudoo V-22 alongside my Tikka T1X 22 LR yesterday. After we got his sighted in at 50 yards we took it out to 250 on a 6" spinner target and had some fun. Both rifles had the same exact optic mounted on them, a Leupold 4.5-14x50 VX-3 LRP with a TMR first focal plane reticle. The Vudoo is very smooth but with a much higher bolt lift than the Tikka so it is noticeably slower to cycle rounds. Both rifles have Timney triggers installed, my Tikka has the two stage, his Vudoo has a single stage Calvin Elite with adjustable trigger shoe. Both triggers are fantastic. Loading the magazine for the Vudoo is much more difficult as the thumb/finger buttons on each side are tricky to figure out how to use properly so that the round sit correctly in the mag without rim locking or standing straight up. Feeding and ejection on the Vudoo are incredible. Feeding on the Tikka is excellent, ejection is still about 70% failure with the spent casing still being left inside the receiver sitting on top of the loaded mag. Accuracy wise (this is what shocked me) the Tikka was better with a few types of ammo, but the Vudoo was very impressive with most of the ammo we were trying. I really liked shooting his Vudoo, but I am certainly glad I didn't shell out the coin for it when my Tikka is just as accurate if not better with several types of ammo. My Tikka is currently in the factory synthetic stock but with the vertical grip insert installed, his Vudoo is in a Masterpiece Arms BA Competition chassis. Both rifles were shot prone off Atlas bi-pod and rear squeeze bags. I was running a Blackhawk Pulse suppressor on my Tikka and my buddy had his Q Erector suppressor on his Vudoo. The Tikka has about 3500 rounds through it so far, but his Vudoo is still new. Maybe the Vudoo will season in when he gets some more rounds down the barrel.

Just a few observations from my experience comparing the two rifles yesterday that may help your decision making process, at any rate it was a fun day of plinking with a good friend!

Shot my buddy's new Vudoo V-22 alongside my Tikka T1X 22 LR yesterday. After we got his sighted in at 50 yards we took it out to 250 on a 6" spinner target and had some fun. Both rifles had the same exact optic mounted on them, a Leupold 4.5-14x50 VX-3 LRP with a TMR first focal plane reticle. The Vudoo is very smooth but with a much higher bolt lift than the Tikka so it is noticeably slower to cycle rounds. Both rifles have Timney triggers installed, my Tikka has the two stage, his Vudoo has a single stage Calvin Elite with adjustable trigger shoe. Both triggers are fantastic. Loading the magazine for the Vudoo is much more difficult as the thumb/finger buttons on each side are tricky to figure out how to use properly so that the round sit correctly in the mag without rim locking or standing straight up. Feeding and ejection on the Vudoo are incredible. Feeding on the Tikka is excellent, ejection is still about 70% failure with the spent casing still being left inside the receiver sitting on top of the loaded mag. Accuracy wise (this is what shocked me) the Tikka was better with a few types of ammo, but the Vudoo was very impressive with most of the ammo we were trying. I really liked shooting his Vudoo, but I am certainly glad I didn't shell out the coin for it when my Tikka is just as accurate if not better with several types of ammo. My Tikka is currently in the factory synthetic stock but with the vertical grip insert installed, his Vudoo is in a Masterpiece Arms BA Competition chassis. Both rifles were shot prone off Atlas bi-pod and rear squeeze bags. I was running a Blackhawk Pulse suppressor on my Tikka and my buddy had his Q Erector suppressor on his Vudoo. The Tikka has about 3500 rounds through it so far, but his Vudoo is still new. Maybe the Vudoo will season in when he gets some more rounds down the barrel.

Just a few observations from my experience comparing the two rifles yesterday that may help your decision making process, at any rate it was a fun day of plinking with a good friend!

Thank you for the response and have been very much interested in the Timney trigger too. Been looking at that and the Midas trigger by KRG. I too have been having some ejection issues with the Tikka when cycling the bolt at slower speeds. Currently running my Tikka in a KRG X-Ray setup and using an Atlas bi-pod but haven't had the chance to use rear bags with it yet. To date I have roughly 900 rounds through it and have taken it out to 400 yards, but most of the shooting has been between 100-200 yards. Was over in Bend on Saturday out at the pit shooting towards the East over the valley, but the 15mph wind gusting to 20+ was wreaking havoc on any chance at consistency.

The appeal to switching to a Vudoo is if there is anything that I am missing out on and the controlled feed that the Vudoo rifles offer.

20190920-190037.jpg