JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somebody killed a policeman today,
And a part of America died.
A piece of our country he swore to protect will be buried with him at his side.
The suspect that shot him will stand up in court with counsel demanding his rights.
While a young widowed mother must work for her kids and spend many long lonely nights.
Yes somebody killed a policeman today, maybe in your town or mine. While we slept in the comfort behind our locked doors, a cop put his life on the line.
Now his ghost walks the beat on dark city street, and stands at each rookies side.
He answered the call, of himself he gave all, and a part of America died.

Though I find it sad that this fine animal met his end at the blade of a low life miscreant, I also realize that that is the exact reason we have these animals out there. The dog did the job so a human officer didn't have to risk his life. I had to turn off the news when this story came up because of the way they inject so much emotion into a story.

I'd like to ask what a person is to do, just sit there and let the dog chew you up? Those dogs aren't trained to hold a person, they're trained to attack until no longer moving. I've known people that had one of those dogs attack them by mistake. If I were ever in a position to be attacked by a police dog I would use the knife I always carry to stop the attack, rather than lay there and be chewed up, that's for sure.

I think it's ridiculous the someone who was running on pure adrenaline, being chewed up by a dog is going to put anyone into a fight/flight mindset, having extra charges against him for something the officer set in motion. Setting an animal on someone to bite the hell out of them COULD be considered cruel and unusual punishment.
It's just a crappy situation for all involved.

Just another way to look at it.

Just sit there and get chewed up?
No.

Your not supposed to be a piece of crap to begin with. And yes the dog probably lost it's life so a police officer didn't have too, and that's what makes this so sad and emotional.

During my Army days, when I was working on a security detail with an Air Force SP (zoomie MP analogue) his MASSIVE working dog lunged at me once stretching the leash, and almost popping the dude's shoulder out of the socket... I looked that guy right in the eye and told him I'd put a .45 slug into that dog's head if I got bit. I was PISSED.

This may be unpopular, but while I regret the dog's death (and very angered by it) and am an avid dog lover, they are a tool NOT a "police officer". Officers take an oath, animals are incapable of taking an oath.

The guy should get additional charges of animal cruelty and destruction of government property, not "murder/assault of a police officer".

Though I find it sad that this fine animal met his end at the blade of a low life miscreant, I also realize that that is the exact reason we have these animals out there. The dog did the job so a human officer didn't have to risk his life. I had to turn off the news when this story came up because of the way they inject so much emotion into a story.

I'd like to ask what a person is to do, just sit there and let the dog chew you up? Those dogs aren't trained to hold a person, they're trained to attack until no longer moving. I've known people that had one of those dogs attack them by mistake. If I were ever in a position to be attacked by a police dog I would use the knife I always carry to stop the attack, rather than lay there and be chewed up, that's for sure.

I think it's ridiculous the someone who was running on pure adrenaline, being chewed up by a dog is going to put anyone into a fight/flight mindset, having extra charges against him for something the officer set in motion. Setting an animal on someone to bite the hell out of them COULD be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

Please provide links proving your POV. I knew a Police Dog handler, and his Canine partner. What I saw does NOT jive with what you write, What I Know from first hand.

Canines are taught by many different schools, and each school is different. I have seen Pit Bulls get trained....

I knew a property guard (responsible for over a section of land) who trained his dogs in two different Languages, one in Cherokee the other in German. Great animals, as long as he was present!

philip :confused:

Last Edited:

Here's another way to look at it. People that don't run from or attempt to hide from law enforcement don't get dogs set on them. Seems pretty fundamental to me.

That low life worthless piece of human trash killed an animal that was there as an extension of law and order. One that wouldn't have been there until he decided to break laws and run from justice. People that kill police dogs should do 20 years, mandatory. It's not about the animal, it's about the complete and total lack of respect for law and order.

Our society better start standing up for law and order, standing up for the men, women, and yes even canines that enforce those laws....or very, very dark days are ahead.

It's easy to judge. But the devil is in the details.
You know I'm a huge GSD lover. But if one bites me, it's over for that dog! And it will be the owners fault.

There is a right way to use a gun. And a dog.
Use either wrong on me. And you won't like the results!

Very sad, dogs are amazing animals. Humans are wired to defend themselves, whether they are good, bad or ugly. Criminals are going to be criminals. The officer made a call and it cost him his dog. Lousy situation all around.

Brutus Out

It is time to put Muscle back into the Prison System. As in, prisoners WORK for their food & lodging!

Old fashioned, Yes.

But old Fashioned Worked.

They could farm their vegetables, milk their cows, collect the eggs....

And I can see that it could make a difference in the person convicted.

Or not. But it would take money off the system by doing so.

Green baloney sandwiches for non workers...

philip

And no books, free education, TV, cable, or letters!!!

How many gangs and criminal enterprises are run from prisons?!
And more guards to watch these people and each other.
How many guards are sneaking in drugs for prisoners.

Make jail what it is supposed to be, a place your afraid to go.

It is time to put Muscle back into the Prison System. As in, prisoners WORK for their food & lodging!

Old fashioned, Yes.

But old Fashioned Worked.

They could farm their vegetables, milk their cows, collect the eggs....

And I can see that it could make a difference in the person convicted.

Or not. But it would take money off the system by doing so.

Green baloney sandwiches for non workers...

philip

It's called making BIG rocks into small rocks... with a hammer. o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top