JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
#48JT Measure no. 34-204! I had the "i am a teacher" door knocker from the Beaverton school district that can't read a no soliciting sign show up the other day wanting me to vote yes on the ballot coming out. After asking why she was cut and why other teachers that speak spanish are still working; I asked how she was doing with reading english. (Like the NO SOLICITING sign out front.) Anyways, I got the ballot yesterday and found it on the back. Voting "yes" will raise your taxes $24 per MONTH!!!! I will sell my house before I pay $24 more a month for teachers to teach spanish or to teach english to...At the same time all these out of work teachers can go get border patrol training and get back to work! If I ever run out of work and need a job I'm doing my family a solid and applying for a border patrol position! I'm not trying to not come across POed! Enjoy your tax dollars spent how you like. $24 a month is straight BS!!!

I wonder if your school district turned down the "Race to the Top" plan like PPS did? That plan calls for "monitoring" teachers so they are doing their job, along with 33 million in Fed dollars. 33 MILLION rejected by the unions because they know they can get the money elsewhere, sans monitoring. I don't even live there anymore and it ticks me off.

I'm sick and tired for paying for someone else's kids!!! My wife and I don't have children....we decided there were enough in the world already.

So why do I have to pay for all those "little darlings"??? I elect we change how the school system is paid for....by the parents who have children. You have 1 child you pay "x" amount, you have 3 you pay 3x the amount...."pay as you go" so to speak. Let adults think about how much it will cost for them to have children.

I also elect we STOP paying for all those illegals to attend our schools at my tax dollars!!! They are illegal, ship them back to their home country.

The left controls the wording on the ballot. The left and the sheep outnumber the right. The odds are against what should happen. Too many in this area see that it's "for the children" instead of questioning where all of the other misspent money went. The non-contributors are entitled.

They have been payed! That's the point. With your logic everyone can just keep "double dipping" into our wallets and justify it with what? We just need it? We will stunt your kids development if you don't pay more? Why are the schools over crowded and needing more money? Hell I need more money! We are being out bread by the illegal democratic voters and taxed to death as it is to compensate for something that could be easily solved with border security and condoms. Its a tax race to see who can get your money before the next guy. The school district needs to either budget the money they already get or draw some lines. When someone sticks their capable hand out to me I want to slap it. We need $24 a month from everyone in Beaverton? Someone is sucking at their job and wanting a bail out! They can suck it! My 3 kids graduated just fine without this tax.

While I understand not liking taxes, I don't understand the concern about foreign languages. I think every kid should get out of school knowing 2 languages. That's just good education.

You are all so sweet and you wonder why the country is going to trash, you get what you pay for. Glad to see you want to invest in the future

I use logic and reason to make my political decisions. My emotions are never the leading factor in them.

I pay a lot of money in taxes and utilize the services that those funds were intended to finance at a much lower rate than most of the people I know. No new taxes (even if they are fraudulently not labeled as taxes) should be created until the elected start tightening the belt like most Americans who contribute have had to do in this failing economy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top