JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
bf627f9436acc2bb2b60d1c5b759e056.png

Also,
More US school-age children die from guns than on-duty US police or global military fatalities, study finds - CNN

From TOS:
"If the Trump administration is successful in setting a precedent whereby the US is governed by way of Executive National Emergencies, then any president going forward will have the power to do the same.

Gun control advocates are preparing for the next Democratic president to declare gun violence a National Emergency.

More US school-age children die from guns than on-duty US police or global military fatalities, study finds.

"It is sobering that in 2017, there were 144 police officers who died in the line of duty and about 1,000 active duty military throughout the world who died, whereas 2,462 school-age children were killed by firearms," said Dr. Charles Hennekens, the study's senior author and an academic adviser at the medical college. (emphases by the author)

Challenges to the Wall National Emergency will require factual support that immigrants, drugs, and guns are passing through the entire boarder with Mexico (facts show established ports of entry where walls already exist will continue to be problematic). Also, there are land disputes by private owners and some hostile terrain accessible only by roads through private property in order to construct portions of the wall.

The point is that the Wall National Emergency will be tied up in red tape for years to come.

A much easier sell will be the "gun violence epidemic" coupled with "think of the children."

Last Edited:
I was upset when I read "homocide and suicide dropped significantly after these laws were imposed" because we all know that while those rates dropped for gun uses, other methods took their place and suicide and homocide is actually up in Australia since then... seemed like poor research that wouldn't pass in a classroom, or an agenda.

I was upset when I read "homocide and suicide dropped significantly after these laws were imposed" because we all know that while those rates dropped for gun uses, other methods took their place and suicide and homocide is actually up in Australia since then... seemed like poor research that wouldn't pass in a classroom, or an agenda.

They also fail to mention that both the homicide and suicide rates were already in decline and continued to fall at pretty much the same rate, before and after the gun ban. It's all about pushing the anti-gun agenda.

Ray

Last Edited:
Our view as in NZ, correct? I believe this is what the poll was asking, was it not?
I also just reread the article and it seemed that it was proposing that America doesn't do enough because of strong lobby groups and that America should follow in the footsteps of other common wealth countries, which I strongly disagree with.

Here's the sobering truth that none of you saw...
And one that you may have missed... Nobody CARES.

First of all, it's a USA Today poll about itself. In and of itself uninteresting, unscientific, and of 0 value to anyone outside of the editorial board of USAT.

If it doesn't play out the way they want it to they'll just bury it and it never happened.

If they try to reframe the original question, it'll get exposed and probably turned into a gazillion memes (AR15 chainsaw accessory).... and it still won't mean squat. Even less than the paper it was printed on.

Anybody who knows anything about statistics knows that 90% of people will never agree on anything substantive. Maybe questions like "Is your boss a jerk?" or, "Do you think there are health benefits to having high blood pressure?", but never anything with any contentiousness or nuance to it. Generally speaking, almost any issue will have 30% for, 30% against, 30% who don't care, and 10% who engage in navel-gazing and invest in surplus cardboard futures... they probably didn't understand the question anyway.

I pick up a free copy of USAT once a week at a hotel I stay at. They print their dopey polls right on the front page, usually with some (pretty clever at times) graphics to depict the percentages. I don't think they're taken as real news, even by the average consumer.

Point being, lighten up.

Last Edited:
Well, I do agree with Quartermaster that a few people get riled up and are self congradulatory more frequently recently, and that can get annoying. I understand there is more to get riled up about, but at the same time I think people could be more "straight to the fact" in their conversations and less, let's just say, opinionated.

Well, I do agree with Quartermaster that a few people get riled up and are self congradulatory more frequently recently, and that can get annoying. I understand there is more to get riled up about, but at the same time I think people could be more "straight to the fact" in their conversations and less, let's just say, opinionated.
There's room to agree, and also room to take issue with being lectured-to.

There's room to agree, and also room to take issue with being lectured-to.
Just wanted to take note of why I liked the comment, the rest i took with a grain of salt.
Honestly, part of my displeasure in some threads is being lectured to about things that are not strictly academic, ie; firearm mechanics and ballistics etc...

Just wanted to take note of why I liked the comment,
I would have given it a "Like" too if it weren't for the condescending tone.

I think we all know that the legacy media regularly slants stories and even lies outright. You don't need to be the hippest cat in the room to point that out. I take exception to my peers and I being dressed-down as rubes by another peer. If that conversation had happened in the local dive bar we'd probably be onto something else by now (hopefully)... call it a draw.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top