JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
has there been any discussion about adding a health/fitness section?

ETA: since our good man Joey's put it to the vote, figured i'd better advertise it as such! scroll down and add your name to the petition, if you'd like to see a Health/Fitness type section added.

4377531687_391f325972.jpg

I've thought about it, but to be honest there are many more topics which are actually firearm-related which we don't have room for on the main forum page. I do think health and fitness fit well with preparedness and survival, and threads on the subject could always go in off-topic ;)

I've thought about it, but to be honest there are many more topics which are actually firearm-related which we don't have room for on the main forum page. I do think health and fitness fit well with preparedness and survival, and threads on the subject could always go in off-topic ;)

perhaps it's time for sub-forums? i know nothing about programming these things, but i know some boards have sub-forums... click here and you get another list. so under "preparedness- mental/physical/material," you get a list of 3 or 4 sub-forums pertaining to the different topics related to preparedness, and then threads within those.

being fit is gonna be HUGE in any kind of prolonged or sustained SHTFS, and is really important in general- and based on some member pics i've seen, some people on this board aren't gonna live to see SHTF. :ears:

Really I'd like to have a wee bit more fat to consume if food gets hard to come by. A fat guy will also out survive a skinny guy in cold/cold water and if shot in the gut.

just saying.

Really I'd like to have a wee bit more fat to consume if food gets hard to come by. A fat guy will also out survive a skinny guy in cold/cold water and if shot in the gut.

just saying.

nobody's saying you need or should be "skinny," just capable of sustaining a 10-minute mile, at least. and for more than a half mile.

personally, i'd rather have a competitive advantage. be able to climb the counter to get to the cookie jar, so to speak.

---

and aside from SHTF, which i don't actually think any of us are going to see any time soon (i know, call me crazy), it's good to be healthy. we've extended our average lifespan in this country, but we've traded a shorter life for an extended period of disability. twenty years ago, the average american spent the last 1-2 years in a state of discomfort/limited capacity.... now we spend the last 10 years of our life in pain and debilitated.

so this still potentially up for debate, or just a flat "no?"

we've all seen the picture threads... a fitness section might actually help change peoples' lives, as gay as that sounds. seeing inspirational stories from others, having an easy reference "at home" so to speak, seeing threads with serious discussion about REAL implications about fitness and the lack... etc.

i think it might inspire some guys to get a gym membership and start "preparing" in more ways than just how to stay FTU.

I like the idea. Many of us spend a lot time and bucks on preparing for the worst - guns, ammo, firearms training, etc. But being fit could very well be the most important piece of preparedness.

I'm always shocked - and a little sad - when I see a fat slob at the gun show picked out the next piece of hardware so he can be 'prepared'. Unfortunately, he'll probably starve if Mickey D's doesn't open up on schedule. . .

I used to be the fat slob, and then got fit ten years ago. It was hard to do and I could have used better information.

If we can get 25 members on-board I'd be willing to add a fitness sub-section to the prepardness forum :s0155:

I'm in.

1. Joey Link

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top