JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

House Bill 4147 will be voted on in the House as early as tomorrow.

As you know, this bill is one more incremental attack on gun owners and another slap in the face to the most vulnerable Oregonians. Rest assured, it is simply a stepping stone for more regulations and restrictions that the anti-gun majority in the Oregon Legislature have promised.

The deciding vote to pass this bill out of committee was cast by Chair Jeff Barker, who in the past has been a supporter of gun rights. Not only was he the deciding vote to move the bill to the full House for a vote, he was the deciding vote against an amendment that would have provided a small degree of protection to the victims of domestic violence.

Please, if you have not already done so, use the automailer at the bottom of this alert to tell legislators to vote "NO" on HB 4147.

And if you already have, please consider doing it again. It is just that important.

------
Oregon Firearms Federation

This just tells me that not everyone is doing what needs to be done to stop these tyrants, stop being complacent and get busy, If a guy from Washington has the time to get involved in another states approaching gun regulating dooms then the word is not getting out to the couch potatoes!!!:mad::mad::mad:
If y'all are waiting for the help of major 2A gun rights orgs then you will loose your rights.:rolleyes:

This just tells me that not everyone is doing what needs to be done to stop these tyrants, stop being complacent and get busy, If a guy from Washington has the time to get involved in another states approaching gun regulating dooms then the word is not getting out to the couch potatoes!!!:mad::mad::mad:
If y'all are waiting for the help of major 2A gun rights orgs then you will loose your rights.:rolleyes:

I think a big part of the problem is that so many folks don't even pay attention to this stuff. I talk to gun owners I know and really am surprised how little attention they pay to things like this. Heck, there are still plenty of gun owners that don't know about SB941 here in Oregon, 8 months after it went into effect. I send my emails, make my calls and support several groups, but I fear there are too few of us that either know what's happening or even care to get involved. And with a D majority here in OR, we're pretty much forced to bend over and thank them for the privilege :(

I think a big part of the problem is that so many folks don't even pay attention to this stuff. I talk to gun owners I know and really am surprised how little attention they pay to things like this. Heck, there are still plenty of gun owners that don't know about SB941 here in Oregon, 8 months after it went into effect. I send my emails, make my calls and support several groups, but I fear there are too few of us that either know what's happening or even care to get involved. And with a D majority here in OR, we're pretty much forced to bend over and thank them for the privilege :(

I totally agree, gun owners are just too danm complacent about their rights but when they hear the that they have to turn em in like Australia the confusion will be rampant with them. Then it will be time to tell TPTB to Molon Labe!!!!!

Some I know do nothing to help...and act as if the issues are not important. I send out mass text messages, and emails concerning all gun related. At times...I think...maybe I should just remove them from my contacts. It gets irritating.

We as gun owners must stay vigilant. We are not asking for polite permission, these are our Rights we're talking about. They are being assaulted each and every day and if We The People do not stand up for them, no one will. It's a new form of discrimination, the evil gun owner. Liberals have been using tragedy to justify "social progress" instead of actually dealing with the problems. I know it's all been said before but sending off emails to our elected officials is a great way to get started to let them know we have a voice too.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top