JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmm.. you guys make me want to purchase a vortex, lol. I was looking at the spitfire but am leaning towards the cabelas prism 3x scope which looks to be almost the same scope for a hundred bucks less on sale now with lifetime warranty. Decisions, decisions. Maybe one of each ;)

I had a rfile fall out of the gun safe. It dented the crossfire II scope. Still shot fine at the zero, but driffed at distance. I sent it in to vortex. They sent me a new one.

No questions asked :cool: and I had the new one in less then 10days

Vortex has essentially the same warranty as most other brands in the optics world. The thing vortex has done well is market their "warranty" heavily (and successfully).

if you are set on buying a vortex I would only buy their razor HD line personally.
Although at that price point, there are better options in terms of glass/weight/quality (Leupold VX-6 IMHO).

Well mine is a Viper PST, I have three Leopold's, two Redfield's and this Vortex. My scope knowledge could fit in the bottom of a baby's Thimble. I depend on magazine ads and advertising hype to make my buying decisions, that is why I am getting my new Leopold Delta Point Pro red dot reflex sight tomorrow. Probably it will put my Aimpoint PRO's to shame. well I expect it to be lighter with a lower profile than my Aimpoint's (Which are great) Like with my Vortex I am looking at different options to fit a niche

I do like Leopold, being local I can drive thirty minutes thru that lousy Beaverton traffic and get and help from them that I need. I'm not likely to drive to Wisconsin, still they make American stuff. I know Zeiss, Nikon, Steiner and others overseas make good stuff too, but its too far to swim.

Well, my scope is going to have to go into Vortex.

I have something that's come loose inside the optic between the glass, there is debris in there.

6 month old scope. Viper HS-T.

Well, my scope is going to have to go into Vortex.

I have something that's come loose inside the optic between the glass, there is debris in there.

6 month old scope. Viper HS-T.
Happens more often than you think. IICR, one scope manufacturer recommends you hitting the objective end on a phone book (not hard of course). Otherwise keep shooting it until it goes away, unless the debris is big enough to block what you're trying to see.

Happens more often than you think. IICR, one scope manufacturer recommends you hitting the objective end on a phone book (not hard of course). Otherwise keep shooting it until it goes away, unless the debris is big enough to block what you're trying to see.
I'll give that a shot. It doesn't block, just enough to be irritating on a $600 optic.

I'll give that a shot. It doesn't block, just enough to be irritating on a $600 optic.
$600, $3000, it doesn't matter the cost it still happens. Sometimes a good (again, keeping in mind you don't smack it hard) smack on a phone book will get rid of it, sometimes shooting the gun will, sometimes its on there good and requires disassembly to clean, at that point if it really bothers you then yes send it back to the manufacturer. It isn't worth cleaning it yourself, unless you have steady hands and just happen to have a glove box with an in and out flow.

More praise for Vortex. I bought my kid a used strikefire (gen1) a couple years back. This spring something happened to the on/off switch. so he emailed vortex and the next morning had a reply with what he needed to do to return it. they emailed him when they received it, after the intial inspection and what the outcome was. three days later he had a brand new Strikefire II and 3 extra mounts because they didn't know which one he used.
their NO BS warranty is just that, reminds me a lot of DIllons warranty.

I'm glad this thread came back up. I guess I didn't post my 'other' experience with Vortex in this thread
I traded a 1911 for another pair of vortex binocs and cash. I used them for a bit and then the right eye adjustment wouldn't work. Wouldn't go far enough to get in tune. I had a couple friends try it to make sure it wasn't just me.
Nope,it was the glasses. Yeah I sent them in and they fixed them and sent them back fast. Great turn around
BUT,that was 2 for 2. I did not abuse either pair. I really don't know how the first pair broke as I did not drop them or step on them. The same story with the second pair. No apparent abuse.
I do have vortex scopes but I will not ever buy their binoculars again. Not after 100% failure rate on the 2 pair I have.

I have bought a few of their products, a Viper PST 6.5-24, Crossfire II 1-4 and a set of the diamondback bio's.. Absolutely love their product through and through. There is no way I will look for another scope maker, I have had to use their warranty once, one of the orings was broke on my top turret when I went to reset it, Called them up and 2 days later 2 o-rings showed up on my door. Same thing with a Switchview lever that I over tightened.

Only thing i have to say is the crossfire II 1-4x scope I have doesnt have nearly the glass my Viper PST does.. but thats the difference between a 150$ scope and a 750.. lol I am very happy with my viper pst.. it lives on my 308

I'm glad this thread came back up. I guess I didn't post my 'other' experience with Vortex in this thread
I traded a 1911 for another pair of vortex binocs and cash. I used them for a bit and then the right eye adjustment wouldn't work. Wouldn't go far enough to get in tune. I had a couple friends try it to make sure it wasn't just me.
Nope,it was the glasses. Yeah I sent them in and they fixed them and sent them back fast. Great turn around
BUT,that was 2 for 2. I did not abuse either pair. I really don't know how the first pair broke as I did not drop them or step on them. The same story with the second pair. No apparent abuse.
I do have vortex scopes but I will not ever buy their binoculars again. Not after 100% failure rate on the 2 pair I have.

The best warranty is the one you never have to use.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top