JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have had a pair of Vortex crossfire binocs for a few years now.Nothing fancy but did the job well,with a nice size to carry. Well sometime this last summer of fall I brought them into the house cause I traded and got the nicer Vortex in the trade.
I was going to use the old pair to look at a bird out the window and noticed they were broken right down the middle:eek:.Funny,it took me a few months to remember I could send them in and get a new pair...so they say.o_O
Got on line and found the return form,sent that and the binocs off last week,maybe 10 days?
Anyway,stopped by the PO and there was my new pair!
I'm thinking I'll look at Vortex a little closer now

haha Yeah I just kinda pushed them together and they did fine
I figured I'd get them next month sometime at their leisure ,but apparently at their leisure was right now:D

I have a pair of the Vortex Crossfires, about five years old! They were the best bino's in Fishermans at the time, until you got up to Swarovski's! The Leupolds, Redfields, Nikons etc. didn't look as good and weren't nitrogen filled! Love those glasses and that lifetime warranty!:)

Little info for yall, if you can provide your dd214 and deal direct withvortex they will give you 35% off msrp, now granted msrp is way higher then actual retail 35% tops that and a peanut butter sameech. Now that means an hslr 6x24x50 for about 650$

I hope to never use their warranty, but if I do..... That's why I went with them on my largest scope purchase.

Edit:
I also went looking for a specific scope that had the reticle I wanted, the magnification I wanted, housing diameter I wanted, internal adjustments I wanted, turret stop (rtz) and the objective I wanted for size.

They had one scope that fit my requirements.

Last Edited:
The most commonly positive phrase about vortex that I keep reading about/hearing is about how great their warranty is. Am I the only one who wonders why so many people can attest about their replacement policy?

Little info for yall, if you can provide your dd214 and deal direct withvortex they will give you 35% off msrp, now granted msrp is way higher then actual retail 35% tops that and a peanut butter sameech. Now that means an hslr 6x24x50 for about 650$

Second this. I have used there LEO/Veteran program. The savings are substantial. Once and a while its a close match to a good sale but the quality of service is worth using the program.

I applied for it and the next day had my own personal point of contact with Vortex, he took care of everything, answered all my questions and shipped my new scope ASAP. I even got a goodie bag and shirt as well.

I see no reason to buy anything else from now on. The warranty just seals the deal, I am confident they will stand by their product 100%. 4 Vortex products later I am still happy.

The limit is two a year at the discount, and be advised the discount for optics like red dots or holograph sights are not as high, because the margin for them is smaller profit wise.

The most commonly positive phrase about vortex that I keep reading about/hearing is about how great their warranty is. Am I the only one who wonders why so many people can attest about their replacement policy?

I've never had to use the warranty. I just think that they are a fine instrument for the money.

A guy here in town slipped and fell right on his scope while up in these hills.
20 some year old scope.He got a Ziess to replace it ($400range)
I told him about the warranty ,maybe next year he'll replace the Ziess with a Vortex?
Hey he's old like me,walks in the hills aren't the same as when we were young

Its not so much as people using it as much as it is a company that really stands by their product.

I've nothing but good experience with their customer service; had to send a crossfire back after optic lens loosened up on my Marlin 1894 44MAG. A new scope and a DNZ mount to replace the ridiculous aluminum rings on aluminum base which was beat up. No mas problemas, excellent scope an excellent investment/buy all around.

You read a lot more stories about optics companies that DON'T stand behind their products. The few posts here attesting to the warranty do not represent a large majority of Vortex owners and that in itself is a testament to the quality of Vortex products.

I've never had to use my Vortex warranty and I am pretty sure neither have the larger majority of owners.

I just bought a new Vortex 1x4 24MM for my homemade AR in 308. I have a similar Leopold 1.5 X 5 scout scope on my 5.56, and wanted to try something good, but different. I had seen many good comments on Vortex, so I ordered it from Midway. first one showed up as a empty shipping box. Someone got my scope. Called Midway and the notified UPS. I had to wait five days for UPS to do their investigation and then Midway sent me a replacement. Came via UPS, don't know who ate the money on the first one but I got mine.
My second reason for wanting something different from Leopold wad the Leopold "Firedot" it covers the crosshairs for true precision. Yes you can turn it off, but it always surprises me at the time. The Vortex's illumination is a segmented circle with the crosshairs in the center.
Anyway good to know there is substance behind the Vortex Warranty.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top