JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to put one of those on my g17 build. My slide has a optic cut for the venom but others fit the same mount.

Has anyone compared these optics? Is their mounting profile the same? I am leaning toward the romeo because of the shake awake but not sure if it will fit. I currently modded a cheap utg to fit on the slide (it was a little too long and aluminium files off easy lol)

Any input on the clarity of the dots?

20210325_221052.jpg

side issue; check reviews on Burris Fastfire on Amazon. I purchased one and found the battery cover short threaded: after you placed the battery in the well the threads on the cover were not long enough to reach the female thread on the scope.

I returned the scope and asked the vender to source another ... but requested that they test the threads in the replacement.

Seller reported the same disappointing design flaw so we agreed on a refund. I even sought a thinner battery but found none with similar specs

After spending time drafting a review on Amazon I saw that the seller or Amazon suppressed it from public view. If you web search you will find other complaints about the poor design and QC of the battery cover

My choices were limited as my rifle had proprietary scope mounts. Fortunately, after a half year of researching, I learned that the Vortex Venom shared the same base specs so that is the dot scope i have now and it is a decent performer

I have no experience with pistol fitment on the scopes you l've identifies

Don't know anything about the Burris or Vortex, but you should verify your lug/socket patterns, in addition to the hole (screw) pattern. The Romeo Zero optic has front and back lug recesses. The optional metal shroud for the Romeo has only the rear lug holes. This older webpage shows footprints of various optics from two years ago. I had to drill two holes for the front lugs in the shroud, but the extra depth negated needing shorter screws on my 43xMos install. Good luck

Had 2 Vortex red dots fail. One Venom one Viper. Actually the Venom has failed twice. First time it was just doa now it will not change brightness. Venom is on a full size Kimber the Viper is on a Scorpion. Kimber had 1500ish rounds when it failed second time and the Scorpion at about 5000 rounds.

Interesting on the Burris. I guess I am ruling that out now...
there certainly appears to be a large number of satisfied customers for the Fastfire. you
can always toss the dice and see if the unit you receive was assembled to-spec. I
ordered through Amazon so the return procedure was non-eventful and easy.

I have several FF 2 and FF 3. I have had one riding the slide of a 45 1911. Point is much more abuse than
a frame mounted one on a 22. Thousands of rounds through it and I have had no problems with any of them.
Maybe just lucky I don't know.

Have you considered holosun? I really like their optics. I have 2 burris fastfire and a vortex venom? viper? and have neutral feelings about them. Certainly not as nice as an optic with shake awake and solar power capabilities.

Yeah the problem is that I have a slide that is cut fir Docter mounts like the venom or burris... the front and back is cut curved to accomodate those optics too.

I read a review on the Romeo zero stating it has a plastic/acrylic lens material that scratches super easy. I have a venom on my G17 gen 5 MOS and it works great, but forget about co-witessing factory sights. I might add supressor height sights to deal with that.

couple of links to comments from others who have experienced the short threaded battery cover

Went with the Burris. I looked at the venom and the viper (originally wanted the viper) and the burris seemed to be a good compromise in the dimensions I was looking for.

I was set on the viper because its lower and I would have been able to cowitness my supressor sights but there were other drawbacks on that.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top