Vortex rzr gen II 4.5-27 or rzr amg 6-24

Discussion in 'Scopes & Optics' started by FA9, May 16, 2018 at 7:11 PM.

1. FA9

FA9
    Hillsburrito, ORgun

Same price but which one to buy? I wanted the gen II but why is the amg same price? The amg has less magnification, smaller tube but yet cost the same? Anything special about the amg?

2. 3MTA3

3MTA3
    Western Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

The entire scope, including the lenses are US made in Wisconsin. This review claims that the narrower tube is not a drawback and the glass has better resolution. In this price range I'd also look at some of the 40mm IOR Valdadas.

3. eklarsen

eklarsen
    Vancouver, WA
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Gen II has more magnification and is stout but that comes with a little extra weight. AMG is American made. I have two Gen II's and very happy but would try the AMG if someone wants to give me one :)

FA9 and 3MTA3 like this.
  4. erslll

erslll
    Hermiston OR
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter Bronze Supporter

That does seem to be the big difference, weight. The Gen II is very heavy. I have a Gen II and really like it but think my next scope will be an AMG. I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

Make sure to shop around. I know there are a couple of places that are selling either for 10-15% off the MAP price of $2500.

FA9 likes this.
  5. GreenBean

GreenBean
    Clackamas

I bought one in June. Haven’t had a chances to use it. Have it on a American defense quick release mount and caps.
    Was thinking about selling it. Thought I was going to get into long distances shooting and it just hasn’t happened. Let me know if your interested. I had picture and an add on here.

3MTA3 likes this.