JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Same price but which one to buy? I wanted the gen II but why is the amg same price? The amg has less magnification, smaller tube but yet cost the same? Anything special about the amg?

Same price but which one to buy? I wanted the gen II but why is the amg same price? The amg has less magnification, smaller tube but yet cost the same? Anything special about the amg?

The entire scope, including the lenses are US made in Wisconsin. This review claims that the narrower tube is not a drawback and the glass has better resolution. In this price range I'd also look at some of the 40mm IOR Valdadas.

The Gen II has more magnification and is stout but that comes with a little extra weight. AMG is American made. I have two Gen II's and very happy but would try the AMG if someone wants to give me one :)

That does seem to be the big difference, weight. The Gen II is very heavy. I have a Gen II and really like it but think my next scope will be an AMG. I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

Make sure to shop around. I know there are a couple of places that are selling either for 10-15% off the MAP price of $2500.

I bought one in June. Haven't had a chances to use it. Have it on a American defense quick release mount and caps.
Was thinking about selling it. Thought I was going to get into long distances shooting and it just hasn't happened. Let me know if your interested. I had picture and an add on here.

Take a look at the Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56. Its amazing and is a Japanese built scope from the LOW company same as the Razor gen 2. A nice cross between the two vortex scopes your looking at and it's $700 less. You won't be disappointed.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top