JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have a model with Rev Stop? I'm curious if Vortex sells other inserts or dials for this system.

Picked up a Venom 5-25x56. The Rev Stop insert and dial are made to allow 5 clicks past zero.

It's freaking annoying!

I looked online and wasn't able to find much.

Reached out to Vortex just now via email.

Probably call tomorrow unless folks here chime in.

Hoping to see if anyone knows?

Thanks,

Reno

It lets you dial up for closer in shots than you zero. Does it have its 0 detent thats different feel than the normal clicks? Otherwise it would bother me too.

It lets you dial up for closer in shots than you zero. Does it have its 0 detent thats different feel than the normal clicks? Otherwise it would bother me too.
It's detent stops 5 clicks past the zero on the dial.

At first I though I could outsmart it by dialing up 5 clicks. Installing it and dialing back those additional clicks. Nope.

The stop is on 23.75 on the dial.

I could just leave it on 23.75 and have that be my zero. And it would always stop on it. Kind of dumb though, and would make calculations harder.

I think I get what they are trying to do but dont agree, I would be frustrated too. Is there a target sport discipline that demands close in shots along with long range shots? If so I could see some use... maybe. Im just a hunter... I like my CDS dial, will not go past 100yd zero for quick return to zero in the field just crank it without looking.

Side note: apparently someone found a hack for this.... https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-hd-lht-revstop-fix.284432/

I think I get what they are trying to do but dont agree, I would be frustrated too. Is there a target sport discipline that demands close in shots along with long range shots? If so I could see some use... maybe. Im just a hunter... I like my CDS dial, will not go past 100yd zero for quick return to zero in the field just crank it without looking.

Side note: apparently someone found a hack for this.... https://www.longrangehunting.com/threads/vortex-hd-lht-revstop-fix.284432/
That looks like a good way to do it!
1643166574060.jpeg
If there isn't a different ring available, I'll have to do something similar.

If there isn't a different ring available, I'll have to do something similar.
Im not familiar with the Vortex rings system... but learned there are companies that sell labels for most turrets that work and half the cost of a custom turret....

Im not familiar with the Vortex rings system... but learned there are companies that sell labels for most turrets that work and half the cost of a custom turret....
Another good idea.

Thanks @Koda for the help!

Talked with customer service. They don't make any other inserts for it.

Looks like I'll be messing with it later to see if I can't jerry rig up something.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top