JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a pair of the UHD 10x42 that I have for sale that I'm kind of on the fence about but the more I think about it am I really giving up much optically over the Swaros. I've looked at both the SLC and EL at Sportsman's in the store only next to the UHD and honestly didn't se much of a difference, but I know that's not a fair comparison. I really need to use them in the field side by side but don't have any buddy's with Swaros to do this. So is it worth it to sell the UHDs and pony up the extra cash for the Swaros or save it for maybe a set of 18x binos or spotter? I hunt everywhere from the coast for elk to over East for deer and am really looking at the 10x42 versions. What do y'all say?

I have a pair of the UHD 10x42 that I have for sale that I'm kind of on the fence about but the more I think about it am I really giving up much optically over the Swaros. I've looked at both the SLC and EL at Sportsman's in the store only next to the UHD and honestly didn't se much of a difference, but I know that's not a fair comparison. I really need to use them in the field side by side but don't have any buddy's with Swaros to do this. So is it worth it to sell the UHDs and pony up the extra cash for the Swaros or save it for maybe a set of 18x binos or spotter? I hunt everywhere from the coast for elk to over East for deer and am really looking at the 10x42 versions. What do y'all say?

if you already have the Vortex, give them a whirl.
If you want to check our the Swaros in the field, you might try a birdwatching walk with the Portland Audubon Society. Just don't mention you are a hunter/ gun guy..

ive done extensive research on both optics and others. from what i have found the UHD use an ABBE Koenig prism, which is a touch more efficient at light transmission,and with some of there coatings it should provide a touch better in low light. swarovski has an awesome reputation , but you would be surprised that some other optics beat them in certain categories. you have to pick the purpose of the binos first then research the binos built for that category as they do not all have the same features. also check out www. bestbinocularreviews.com,and allbinos.com. but be careful the rabbit hole goes deep on this one. lol

My SIL showed me the Vortex 10 x 42 she bought for my brother. I had a pair of Swaro 15 x something, bigger than the Vortex she was flashing me, so not a direct comparison. BUT man, I was shocked at how good the Vortex were for the money. They run laps together for viewing quality -dead heat: but the Vortex are so much less $$$$. I looked them up and Midway had them on sale. Bam, now I own a pair of Vortex as well.

Go Vortex.

I have the vortex and they're PHENOMENAL. Dont go super high on the magnification of your binos. As t higher magnification your hands unsteadiness will make viewing things difficult

They all look good in the store. If possible you want to test at dusk when the light is getting low. That is where you will start to see the difference if any optically.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top