JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to sight in the AR at the range yesterday and could not get it to zero. It would be 4 clicks left and I'd make a correction and it would be 8 clicks right. Then if I tried for a group it would walk to the left or right, and up or down. Finally I noticed that the crosshairs were beginning to rotate inside the housing. I fired a few more rounds and the crosshairs were a good 15 degrees rotated from vertical/horizontal, but the housing was still straight, hadn't budged.

I got home and looked up Vortex Crossfire and discovered that Vortex has a lifetime fix or replace warranty against all damage regardless of cause (except willful abuse), and it is completely transferrable. I also noticed that the scope was in the $250-$300 range on their web pages. I got the rifle from a NWF member with the scope already on it, so I was really pleased to see that the warranty was transferrable. I shipped the scope off to them today, and received this reply to my email about it:

We are very sorry to hear that your Crossfire isn't performing as it
should. We will certainly watch for it to arrive and let you know what
we find after evaluation. Thank you for choosing Vortex Optics!

If they repair or replace this scope free of charge I'll certainly give them consideration any time I buy optics. I'll post the results here.

I certainly like them so far. They seem to be on a par with Buck knives. If they do right on this scope they've got a customer for life.

Here's the disposition on the scope from Vortex...

We received your Crossfire yesterday. The service techs evaluated the
scope and found that the erector tube was spinning freely. They were
unable to fix it and have replaced it with a new scope. It will be
shipped to you today. You should receive an email from FedEx later
today with tracking information. Hopefully this resolves the problem!
If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact us. We want you to be happy with Vortex products and service.

Yes! They've got a new customer for life.

That is why i sell them in my store. If you are in ZigZag you could of just come by and i could hand you one out of the cabinet and Vortex will send me a replacement. They are a great company, have one of the best warranties, and are just nice people to deal with too.

While they do have a great warranty, the Crossfire is their bottom line model. I had to send mine back multiple times and finally asked them if they'de upgrade it to the standard Viper model which they did for $100 more. I have read quite a few threads of others having issue with the Crossfire line. I still bought another one to put on my rimfire rifle as I believe it will handle that recoil fine. If you're interested in upgrading from the Crossfire they will for a little more $$.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top