JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently put together a 5.45x39 AR. It was difficult choosing the right barre. There is a lot of opinions and options out there. I settled on the Voodoo barrel and bolt. From an online major retailer it was 333.00 for the set then I got $50 off with a coupon code. I mounted the barrel on an Aero COP upper. Lower was a Raptor from Bend.
<br>
First ammo I tested was Wolf 60gr. The group was just at an inch at 100 yards. I then shot some Hornady Vmax 60gr. Same group, just patterned a little different. The groups were ok, but I was really happy when I cycled 7n6 ammo through it. It ate it up, with zero stuck cases. I built a 5.45 AR a few years ago and in the first mag of surplus I had a stuck case. So far Ive put over 200 rounds of surplus through this one without a single problem on extraction. I get 1 or 2 fail to fires out of a 30 pack, because I haven't upgraded my hammer spring, but thats my fault and its easy to fix.
<br>
The groups might be brought in some with either a lighter or heavier grain. In all Im just happy to find an AR that will run surplus.

IMG_1993_zpsd4c8e476.jpg IMG_1985_zps610d5b3a.jpg IMG_1986_zps0afe553c.jpg IMG_1994_zpsbd6d0a7d.jpg

Nice grouping. BTW, I've shot thousands of rounds of comblock 5.45 with the Geissele SSA trigger and never had a misfire. Costs a little more than a spring kit though.

How many 5.45 rounds can you fit in that 223 PMag before they jam?

Nice grouping. BTW, I've shot thousands of rounds of comblock 5.45 with the Geissele SSA trigger and never had a misfire. Costs a little more than a spring kit though.

How many 5.45 rounds can you fit in that 223 PMag before they jam?
I was just putting 5 rounds in the mag before they got off cant and would not feed. My C-products 5.45 mags showed up and I use them now. I like the Geissel triggers, I may go that route.

I was just putting 5 rounds in the mag before they got off cant and would not feed. My C-products 5.45 mags showed up and I use them now. I like the Geissel triggers, I may go that route.

I can get 10 to feed reliably in the 30 round mags. I don't think I've tried it on the 20s. C-Products seem to work great, just takes forever to find them at a decent price.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews