JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Volunteers are needed to help with our Target Shooter Information program. We would like to strengthen our existing program, in Mt. Hood Nat Forest, and start new ones in Tillamook State Forest and Yacolt Burn State Forest (WA State). Help is also needed in stocking brochure materials at local gun shops and outdoor stores.

Mt Hood 1st Booth3.jpg

We need leaders and helpers. The Leaders would take charge of their booth program, organize the help and schedule booth days. Helpers would be a pool of help that chip in, as often as they can, to help operate the booth. (Always a minimum of 2 people per booth). The leader does not have to be at each set up, only competent people who know the routine. The leaders and helpers coordinate schedules and information in 'Private Conversation' groups that I will help get set up for each forest group.

We need equipment. Pop-up canopies, folding tables, sign banners, sandwich signs and handout brochures. We will need to do a fund raiser for most of this stuff. The sign banners, sandwich signs and handout brochures are specific to NWFA and will need to be authorized, ordered and paid for by NWFA (that's where we need some funds). The other handouts would come from each of the Forest Service entities. (For the Mt Hood program, we have all equipment and supplies, with the exception of the NWFA brochures).

If you are unfamiliar with this program, you may read about it in the Community Outreach section...
Mt Hood National Forest & NWFA Target Shooter Information Program

To read the plan for 2016, it's in the Community Outreach section...
2016 Volunteer Program Forecast

I will help your program get started and will be sure that you are well equipped, however, I cannot be at each booth setup. I need some help.

Mt Hood 1st Booth2.jpg

This Target Shooter Information program is the first of it's kind and holds great potential to make a significant difference in the way our public land is being treated. Information and awareness are the key elements to invoke change. It gets our 'boots on the ground' in the fight to protect our right to shoot on public land, helps keep access open and protects all of that for future generations.

Thank you for your help.

Bill Cogley
Cogs
Volunteer Coordinator

Mt Hood 1st Booth3.jpg

Mt Hood 1st Booth2.jpg

Last Edited:
We are in need of at least two of these sandwich signs. Would anyone like to make them up and donate them to the booth project?

Simple, white, no letters (NWFA will have them printed) about 24"w x 36"h.

We could also use at least 2 of the taller plastic sandwich signs (where you can insert and interchange poster board signs). Again, white without lettering, about 24"w x 48"h.

Beyond that, we need two, 8 foot folding tables and two, 6 foot folding tables (the white plastic kind work best. Hopefully, tables will be light weight for ease of carrying in/out of vehicles.

We may have a couple of 10 x 10 dining canopies soon, thanks to one donor. I'll confirm that, and shout out some cu-do's, later. (I know it would be ideal to have canopies custom made with the NWFA logo on them and perhaps that will happen down the road. These simple ones, however, gets us going and look nice and get the job done.)

Oh, we love our flag! If someone would like to donate an American Flag, we will proudly fly it at each booth set up.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Bill
2-14 MT Hood Sandwich sign1.jpg

2-14 MT Hood Sandwich sign1.jpg

Last Edited:
I will look into what the wife and I can do financially. I would be interested in volunteering in the Tillamook forest area, or delivering handouts to the shops around Beaverton and Hillsboro.

Right on, Timber! Contact Joe Link about a donation specific to the volunteer program so he can designate those funds in that area. We have a lot of printing to do! Thank you!

Looking forward to meeting you!

Bill

I won't be available to help right now. Maybe later, we'll see. Hope you get a better volunteer turnout this time around.

New booth materials were provided by the USFS last year, through the efforts of rangerlars. Everything, including new tables and a heavy pavilion canopy with sidewalls, and tubs of supplies were last seen in secure USFS storage.

The local vendors I check with still have good supplies of flyers as of 1/15/16. Good luck this year. Ed

I can help! Specifically the Tillamook state forest is my stomping grounds. I live in Beaverton but can canvas Portland /Beaverton/Hillsboro etc. Just let me know what you need and when.

I won't be available to help right now. Maybe later, we'll see. Hope you get a better volunteer turnout this time around.

New booth materials were provided by the USFS last year, through the efforts of rangerlars. Everything, including new tables and a heavy pavilion canopy with sidewalls, and tubs of supplies were last seen in secure USFS storage.

The local vendors I check with still have good supplies of flyers as of 1/15/16. Good luck this year. Ed
Ed, Thank you for your service and dedication to the Mt Hood booth program last year! You and @rangerlars put in a tremendous amount of time and effort. It paid off! We now have nice equipment, a smooth operating program and a bunch of recreational target shooters are now better informed and equipped to do it right in the woods. Couldn't have done it without your diligence and persistence. So hat's off to you two!

This year, for Mt Hood, we will be seeking someone to head up the booth program and schedule the booth days. We're asking for at least 1 booth set up per month. More if we get enough volunteers to help. Of course, the USFS and I will help you get started.

Also this year our logistical conversations, about the booth scheduling and ideas, will be on a public thread rather than our previous private conversation leaders group. This should help the rest of our members to see our plans and chip in when they can.

The only thing we really need, for the Mt Hood booth, is the NWFA Recreational Outdoor Shooter's brochure. Joe informed me that we will need some extra funding to get a bunch printed. We will now have 3 forest's and a bunch of vendor outlets to spread our message into. That will burn through a bunch of brochures! We'll need to do a little fund raising efforts to get these developed and printed. We are close, but lacking the funds.

Otherwise, all other equipment and USFS fliers are on site, for the Mt Hood program, and ready to hand out.

Again, thank you Ed and rangerlars for your help. I am very sure you did a lot of good!

Cogs

Private messages coming in are very encouraging! Thank members!

We have one member who is putting together a booth kit, for Tillamook Forest, of a 10 x 10 white canopy with the 2 tables. Another member will build our sandwich signs. A couple others are donating funds for specific Information Booth programs. NICE!

Still in need of funds to get at least 5000 NWFA brochures printed and for a couple of NWFA banners. Also we need to kit the other booth equipment for WA DNR Yacolt Burn State Forest.

Gun owners are great! Better yet, gun owners who are members of NWFA! Yeah? :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top