Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

volunteer work

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ohsocountry1, Nov 9, 2009.

1. ohsocountry1

ohsocountry1 clackamas oregon Member

Hey i was looking for advice from you guys. I was out in my garage pondering the thought i have a truck and tools and am very able bodied and realized i wanted to start a volunteer service. I am looking to help the elderly maybe raking leaves shoveling snow when its needed fix anything i can. I am just wondering were should i start i thought about making business cards (if i can figure out how) or if any of you know how or maybe own a company and feel like donating. I am very broke but i dont care i want to help others and who better to help then the elderly I would love for them to see something else then my generation screwing the world up. So i guess what i am asking is is were should i start? and how can i spread the word? remember strict strict budget. anything you can donate to help would be AWESOME.. Thanks guys

2. ohsocountry1

buehler buheler.. jk nobody if not no biggie worth a shot

3. RockKrawler

RockKrawler Gresham Member

Why not start with your neighbors,let them put the word out for you.
    Word of mouth advertisement will go a long ways,and first hand experience coming from someone recommending you would get you in more doors so to speak.
    RK

4. ohsocountry1

true.... i live in an apartment but i have started telling people. thanks

5. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

6. westernsky20

westernsky20 Portland, OR Member

7. Marshall Tall Eagle

Marshall Tall Eagle Woodburn, OR 97071 Member

My wife and I have been volunteering for over 20 years now. I would suggestg contacting your local churches and let them know you are available to assist their senior citizens.

God Bless You

8. ohsocountry1

Hey i will follow threw with all of your ideas and thank you very much i didnt know were to start . I am volunteering now at the zoo and was gonna say a good things to have your kids do they just hand out flyers its from 400 to 800 any day you want they give them dinner and wont let the kids leave without a parent so its all safe for kids. again thanks

If you know of anyone that needs help hopefully local (clackamas county,vancouver,or close to a freeway) they just cut my hours and im trying to buy a wedding ring so i cant afford to much gas but will do what i can but pm me and i will give you my number.

9. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Our church has a group of guys (some adults that work with highscooler/college age guys) who go around and elderly people and single parents with yard chores. I would definitely suggest that you contact a church or the local catholic services group and offer your help.

10. ohsocountry1

ya my girlfriend is gonna get a list of churches in the area i dont care what there views are everyone deserves help wether i agree with them or not. im gonna just send a huge email out. the church thing amazing idea whoever said it. again thanks for the advice i apreciate it.

11. ohsocountry1

senior center a very good idea!!!:thumbup: