1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Volunteer Program Information

Discussion in 'Community Outreach' started by Northwest Firearms, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Northwest Firearms

Northwest Firearms Pacific Northwest Site Maintenance

We're happy to announce the launch of the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Program!

What is the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Program?

The purpose of the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Program is to organize and support people who wish to participate in Northwest Firearms endorsed volunteer events across the Northwest. We refer to these events as Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activities.

What is a Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity?

A Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity is any pro-gun activity officially supported by Northwest Firearms. We define pro-gun activity as an action or series of actions performed with the purpose of supporting our 2nd Amendment rights.

These activities can be recognized by this prefix:

Are all pro-gun events listed in this section considered Northwest Firearm Volunteer Activities?

No. Northwest Firearms unequivocally supports the 2nd Amendment in it's entirety, by the definition and purpose described by the Founding Fathers in their supportive writings. While the vast majority of activities considered to be pro-gun are done in a responsible manner, there are certainly exceptions which we believe do more harm than good. We prefer to choose which activities we associate ourselves with.

Does Northwest Firearms have to organize the event for it to be considered an NWFA Volunteer Activity?

No way! We recognize there are many different organizations out there working on behalf of our 2nd Amendment rights. The Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity designation is simply used to recognize that we support the activity, and wish to recognize participants within our community.

What if I have an idea I'd like to be considered an Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity?

We encourage everyone to use Northwest Firearms as a springboard for their own 2A activism. If you have an idea you would us to consider, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator Bill Cogley via message (@Cogs) or using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page.

How do I stay up-to-date with Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activities?

The best way to stay up to date with our activities is by using the Watch Forum feature to watch the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Program section. This will send you instant notifications whenever a new thread is created. If you're a casual visitor, it's best to select the option to send notifications by email.

More information on the Watch Forum feature can be found here: How do I use the Watch Forum feature?

What if I have a volunteer idea or opportunity I do not want to be considered an Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity?

Members are free to develop their own activities outside of the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Program, simply use the Events & Get Togethers section. If we've made your event an Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity and you do not want it recognized as such, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Bill (@Cogs), or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

What is the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Badge?

The Northwest Firearms Volunteer Badge is a user badge given to members who have participated in an Northwest Firearms Volunteer Activity within the current calendar year. The purpose of this upgrade is to ensure our volunteers receive the recognition which they deserve. Verification of participation will vary between activities, look for the method of verification in the thread for each activity.

Our organization would like to partner with Northwest Firearms, sponsor an event, or donate prizes for a volunteer giveaway. Who do I contact?

Please use the Contact Us form on the bottom of the page.

Who should I contact if I have questions?

If you have any questions about the Northwest Firearms Volunteer Program, please message our Volunteer Coordinator, Bill (@Cogs).
  2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Riot and Joe Link like this.
  3. Cogs

Cogs Washougal, WA. Volunteer Coordinator Staff Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

This is a big step in the right direction for NWFA. I am honored that Joe asked me to be the Volunteer Coordinator. I'll do my best to help our group further the cause of NWFA.

As I see it, the more people who contribute, the more we accomplish. I really don't want to see a few people contributing a lot, because they will grow weary and burdened and we won't accomplish much when that happens. But rather, I'd like to see many people contributing a little. It will make it easier on all of us to complete our projects.

If you can help in any of the upcoming NWFA activities, I encourage you to click the "Watch Forum" button at the top of this "NWFA Volunteer Program" forum. As Joe mentioned, you will then be informed of activities as they are posted in this section of the forums. Then, it's up to you to consider how you can help... just a little.

I'm looking forward to helping you plan and coordinate your activities that will further the mission of NorthwestFirearms.com. We're going to have a good time!

4. mikeames

mikeames Vancouver, WA New Member

You guys are doing an awesome job out there. I've been promoting your group to all the other entities in the forest letting them know that there is finally an organized group of shooters out there doing positive things for the area. The news is always very well received, keep up the good work!
  5. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

thefrontsight likes this.