JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am trying to build a lightweight suppressor host.

It is 2/3rds of the way there, but where is the best place for me to get the bolt/guts?

Like with a 10/22, am I really going to need to buy a whole Mark II or III just to get a hold of a bolt/ assembly? Is there a non-Ruger aftermarket/option for parts?

Right now, I have the 'complete' frame unit with trigger, Paclite 4.5" upper/threaded, and about $600 into this thing. For a skeleton, it looks purdy - like a supermodel.

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/1109-vc-target-frame-for-mkii-mkiii-and-22-45-mkiii

No help for a noob? Where I can get a good deal on the 'guts'? Since what I am looking for is the unregistered part(s), not a 'firearm', I should be able to get this online somewhere with direct shipping.

I ordered target grips. If I get it done, it will be a cool little .22

Well, finally got the Volquartsen bolt and it doesn't seem to want to slide freely inside the Paclite upper. Anyone on the forum who is good with these or could recommend a gunsmith? I don't want to start jamming things together and damaging these expensive parts.

In the second pic it shows the bolt orientation. It isn't like it comes to a stop. More like it is binding from a misfit.

What you are experiencing is most likely a difference in tolerances. By this i mean, Volquartzen machines on the top side of the tolerance and Paclite machines on the bottom side of the tolerance. The two combined equal an a tight fit. You will most likely need to find and remove any "high" spots found on either the bolt or receiver, possibly both. This can usually be done with fine stones or even wet/dry paper, doing more polishing than metal removel.

Thanks Gophishhh - that is what I am working on currently. When I am ever in the market for a 10/22 barrel I am coming to you. You have a great reputation - a couple of members here have told me 'you are the man'.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top