JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Fingers crossed for no more border crossings!

D43642C0-45E2-41BB-BB6C-4AACB9A6D25C.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yep ... I have not heard a word about this. But perhaps it is my fault for not hitting ALL of my volcano sites. Shame on me. Complaisance comes to mind. If that big dangerous volcano blows and someday it will, can we imagine the local, regional, national and international fall out? No Pun meant.

I for one can not comprehend one million immediate deaths with five million dying over the weeks or months to follow. It would most certainly impact the Pacific Northwest. Economically. Tactically. It is a small world after all. Horseshoes, hand grenades, tactical nuclear weapons and BIG volcanoes. :(

Article was full of hyperbole and not much research.

My company has a couple of offices in Mexico, and one of our major manufacturing centers in San Luis Potosi, which is Northwest of Mexico City.

Part of my job is recognizing and initially evaluating risks to employees and facilities. The volcano in question is about 30-40 miles Southeast of Mexico City. When it starrted acting up last week, I analyzed wind flows in the region at both ground level and up to 20k meters. At lower elevations, wind speeds and directions were low and headed Southwest, towards Aculpolco. At the upper levels, the subtropical jet stream was present and headed Southeast.

th?id=OIP.jpg

Neither threatened Mexico City as the article implied...

"Mexico City would be out of range of the tsunami of super-heated mud, but the truth is that the volcanic ash would kill far more people. Even just breathing in the volcanic ash could potentially be a death sentence

The real threat, of course, begins after the lava halts. If the wind blew in Mexico City's direction, a city-sized cloud of ash 20 centimeters thick would descend upon the buildings, dismantling roadways, shutting down airports and the Metro line. Breathing it in could kill you. And that's just the first day. After that, seeping ash would clog Mexico City's drainage lines, poisoning its water supplies, and ceasing electricity transmission via short-circuiting. With food supplies cut off, and no electricity, the dense metropolis would probably resemble something like the World Trade Center the night of September 11th, except with three times as many people attempting to flee. All under the veil of an ash-blackened sky.

Ultimately, we are talking about an event that would mean the end of the modern nation of Mexico as we know it today, and this is the most active that Mt. Popocatepetl has been in any of our lifetimes."

But, the Ring of fire has been pretty active lately.
Seems like every couple of days or so I get an alert for a large earthquake somewhere on it.
Yesterday there was a 6.5 off of the Aleutian islands.
Indonesia has been getting hit pretty frequently the past 3-4 months.
But, I'm not a geologist, so...?

the most active that Mt. Popocatepetl has been in any of our lifetimes."
speaking of 'lifetimes', our class was informed this very volcano suddenly popped out of a farmer's field circa 1956 when I was in grade school. The event made all the news at the time and I was astounded when our 'social studies' class turned from UN news of the day to such a geological event.

Looking into Wiki the history seems to have shifted from 'my lifetime' to something more distant.

Whatever the reality, the classroom turned to endless lines of water-seeking Africans and the pending collapse of the Rain Forest due to corruption and greed.

Not intended as 'thread drift', the attention to various catastrophic events have been unable to assign earthquake/tsunami to political origin. Yet.

Last Edited:
But, the Ring of fire has been pretty active lately.
Seems like every couple of days or so I get an alert for a large earthquake somewhere on it.
Yesterday there was a 6.5 off of the Aleutian islands.
Indonesia has been getting hit pretty frequently the past 3-4 months.
But, I'm not a geologist, so...?

Yawn......

Got to reading and looking at this.
Ring of Fire - Wikipedia

Pretty interesting. What we have going for us though is the fact that there is no way we can get ride of all the carbon in the next 12 years and that's when we're all due to die anyway according to Alexandria Occasional-Cortex. So we've got that going for us.

As long as it's relatively painless and quick, bring it on.

As long as it's relatively painless and quick, bring it on.

what about the writhing and relentless exposure to the "told'ja" contingent? Then there's the "why has all the gloomsters & yer-gonna-die nimrods of Truth, been wrong so many times since 1968?" when I actually started tuning in to their warnings?

I did a quick data review so may be in error here: Amazon Rain Forest was at risk to be 100% gone within 20 years, as of my peak concern 1968. Recent report seems to indicate only 17% has perished since then. And yes, they still are cutting it down as fast as possible.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top