JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Vivid Gun Colors:

• Good Idea

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • There is an option to Black or Tan???

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
You guys have it all wrong! It is a tactical advantage to have a brightly colored gun as a carry. Hear me out: You only pull your gun out if you are intending to fire, correct? If that is the case, the brightly colored gun will make the perp laugh, and give you that tactical advantage of surprise!

Perp: "Give me you wallet or the girl gets it!"
You: (Pull out gun)
Perp: "Hahahaha, what is that Hello Kitty thing your are holding?"
You: BANG!!!
Perp: "Oh I see" (dead)
You: (Walk away alive)

http://tjscustomgunworks.com/Photos5/HelloKitty_rawtailDSC_5065b-1024.jpg

HelloKitty_rawtailDSC_5065b-1024.jpg

Personally Joe, I think the color of the skull in your avatar would be an awesome color on an AR - a nice deep metallic purple, that would be cool.

Or you could do something like this:

4kwrup.jpg

That optic might just be a bit much ;)

No white guns for me so no worries there;):D

That pony AR really screams toy:eek::confused: that's the kind of color scheme I'll avoid:p:D

I'd like that deep purple mixed with black! Or deep metallic emerald green and black was a consideration.

17435850-lg.jpg

17435896-lg.jpg

What do you mean by VIVID? My Savage MKII FVT in a customized Bodys Tacticool stock. A little heavy for field work but the sage rats just hate it from the bench.

It wouldn't matter to me what color it is as long as it goes bang when i pull the trigger. i've had OD, FDE, matter black, gloss black, etc
Do whatever makes you happy, you're the one that has to open up your safe and look at it.
The only concern i've always had when getting a gun cerakoted is the resale value. I like to switch things around and always kept them in the colors accepted by the gun community so i can off load them when needed.
but then again, if your wife is giving you grief for having too many guns go ahead and make it as bright as ever. You'll have a tough time selling it but you can tell her you're definitely trying...LOL

I felt the same way as most here until I saw a guy who carried a 9mm in the most garish, multicolored hues imaginable. It was literally cartoonish, with splotches and shapes of bright yellow, blue, and red. I told him that he could leave it out on a table in front of the Rock Bottom Cafe on Morrison by the MAX platform and no one would give it a second look. It's too bright to look like anything but a toy. Sometimes it's easiest to hide in plain sight. But he doesn't have kids, either.

Easy Question. Hard Answer?

I want to color one of my guns (sometime in the uncertain future) but I watched a Video that got me thinking (Thanks @YankyMarshal) that maybe its not such a good idea unless I plan to only use it at the range and never for self defense.

Thoughts and Ideas?

I wanted to do a crazy color scheme on my soon to be done FankenAR and have a 9mm pistol than will need some smithing and a refinish and I had considered going outside the norm for that one as well but again am rethinking it. Silver/black/brown/green isn't so bad I suppose...:rolleyes:
I saw that video too and think the part about safety color is valid, otherwise if one wants a colored gun, go for it.

Via Mas Ayoob http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

"Let me share another bit of Mitch Vilos' wisdom. I am not exactly the world's biggest fan of pastel pistolas. However, Mitch revealed that his current concealed carry pistol in his stomping grounds of Salt Lake City is a purple-color SIG-Sauer. Mitch, like others of us in this business, has seen more than one case where someone has claimed the defendant pulled a gun on him when he didn't. Mitch likes the idea of being able to say to the investigating officer, "Ask the complainant what color the gun was that he says I pulled on him." If the liar doesn't say "purple," Mitch has a strong reinforcement of the truth that the guy never saw a gun at all and is making up a story.

Damn…live and learn. That's the first good reason I've come across for carrying a handgun of a non-traditional color. And learning, of course, is what I came for."

Not sure if it was a member here, but..
Did anyone see those pistols on Arms list that were FDE but had blood splatter paint on them?

Im quite sure that would NOT help ones case in a liberal courtroom with anti gun folks stacking the jury, which inevitably there will be.

I think loud colors arent bad. Silly but not "bad". The things I think that would stand out would be things written on your firearm, stickers on your vehicle and statements you've made on social media that would play into a jury scrutinizing your actions, no matter how jusified you were.

So aside from blood spatter pattern on your firearm.. I dont see bold colors (unless affiliated with a gang or "group") that would be an issue. Where I DO think it comes into play is resale of the firearm (sometimes).

I doubt a bright neon pink or lavender firearm is going to get you into trouble. ;)

If your defensive firearm is painted to pattern like the grass or brush, then you'd just have to say it was your hunting firearm or your side arm while hunting.
Its not what they know, its what they can and have to prove in the court of law.

I doubt a bright neon pink or lavender firearm is going to get you into trouble. ;)

Well, maybe not in court. At the range, on the other hand, well, you may just have some 'splainin to do with your shootin' buds.

Well Carl, that's a might fine lookin' Hello Kitty AR you got there. Do you got yourself the panties to match?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top