JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is the current level of bad news regarding bringing firearms into California. I was planning on bringing a Mini-14 with 10 round mags, stored unloaded in the trunk. It has a standard stock (no pistol grip or folder) or muzzle device.

That's legal to my understanding- correct?

What is the current level of bad news regarding bringing firearms into California. I was planning on bringing a Mini-14 with 10 round mags, stored unloaded in the trunk. It has a standard stock (no pistol grip or folder) or muzzle device.

Let us know when you get back.:D

I now view cal. as a foreign country.

Unless coerced in some manner, (I assume that's the case...?) I would never ever go there. That I once lived there, left, came back and took basic and ait at Fort Ord and found the coast stunningly beautiful, isn't a reason to return. I'd sooner go to Cuba or Venezuela than cal. They at least acknowledge they're a bunch of commie...

Bringing any firearm to that political horror hole is an invitation to prison...Yes, my opinion as law may not be the operating reason to throw one under the prison even if carrying legally as firearms in the hands of their subjects are verboten.

You cannot bring any ammo into California. last time I went through the border check on I-5 they didn't ask about firearms but rhat was before that new law last year.

Also check out The Daily Shooter on YouTube. he has a lot of good California info.

I have not been to California in over 15 years or more. I drive around it.
If I ever did, F-Cali, rather be judged by 12 then carried by six.

If a firearm, has no access its useless. That is like saying I keep my cell phone locked in the trunk, and keep the
battery in the glove compartment so I don't accidentally text and drive. Thats Komifornia logic.

You cannot bring any ammo into California. last time I went through the border check on I-5 they didn't ask about firearms but rhat was before that new law last year.

Also check out The Daily Shooter on YouTube. he has a lot of good California info.

Border Check? From Oregon to California? I thought they removed that years ago?

I'd take a compliant shotgun if I absolutely had to go to CA.

With a side saddle and the pump pulled back I can have a round in the gun as fast as inserting a mag and charging it if not faster.

Yes. This is legal as long as no flash hider.

That law does not apply to non-CA residents. Also if it did, 50 rd limit per person.

I'd take a compliant shotgun if I absolutely had to go to CA.

With a side saddle and the pump pulled back I can have a round in the gun as fast as inserting a mag and charging it if not faster.
You would be in violation with the loaded side saddle though....

At some point the laws become so F'ing stupid you just have to think for yourself. Try you best but don't stress and keep a low profile.

I still have 10 rd mags from when I lived there. I will have those with a g20 and Ares SCR. I have to go into the belly of the beast (bay area) for the holidays. Not going in unarmed!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top