JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you get a screen from this company TURN OFF THE POWER to your computer. Clicking anything will infect your computer with what my tec says is the nastiest thing he has ever seen. They will basically hold your computer hostage until you pay 50 bucks. Do not click any of their choices they all will infect your computer.

VIrusmaster, AntivirusXP, and some other variants are running around.
They're pretty nasty. Some variants try to trick you into paying them money, other variants drop various payloads.
Fun stuff all around.

I've definitely seen an increase in the infection rate of the above mentioned viruses lately. Luckily Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does a really good job of handling them, much better than the other anti-* packages. 95% of the time I don't even attempt to remove viruses once I've confirmed my clients are deeply infected, as it's cheaper for them to pay me to reformat the system and reload everything. They also get the extra bonus of increased performance, since in most cases the computers have been in use for a year or two and never been reformatted.

I've definitely seen an increase in the infection rate of the above mentioned viruses lately. Luckily Malwarebytes Anti-Malware does a really good job of handling them, much better than the other anti-* packages. 95% of the time I don't even attempt to remove viruses once I've confirmed my clients are deeply infected, as it's cheaper for them to pay me to reformat the system and reload everything. They also get the extra bonus of increased performance, since in most cases the computers have been in use for a year or two and never been reformatted.

Good looking out.... NEVER click on anything period.. thats my rule..
I also Install my OS every 6 months to keep my system fast...

For those of none computer literate fellows what is " OS " and how does it keep your system fast .... Mine seems to be slowing down as of late and I tried the d-frag and some other option didnt seem to make a big diff. :huh::huh::huh:

OS means Operating System (Windows, Linux, etc.). I really couldn't tell you of an easy to run program that would help you out because I generally reformat when systems slow down, and that's not really a simple process.

For those of none computer literate fellows what is " OS " and how does it keep your system fast .... Mine seems to be slowing down as of late and I tried the d-frag and some other option didnt seem to make a big diff. :huh::huh::huh:

Yes Like joey said, it is not real easy to speed up your system.

Save all your pictures and documents and start over from scratch with your Installation disks is your best bet.

Good call sweet, I forgot about the system restore partition/disks (I usually use the original MS disks to avoid the bloatware) but that's definitely an option. After you backed everything up you'd be able to start the process and, once finished, your computer would be just as it was when you purchased it.

Using system restore points often creates an infected restore point due to the triggers windows uses to create them.
So the user goes and restores to a restore point and is back in the same boat, with the same outdated definitions that missed the original threat in the first place.

Using system restore points often creates an infected restore point due to the triggers windows uses to create them.
So the user goes and restores to a restore point and is back in the same boat, with the same outdated definitions that missed the original threat in the first place.

OK I am semi mentally impaired.. System restore is different that system re-install!

My bad...

You are correct system restore only works if ( well i never got it to work right ) LOL!

:s0114:

Ah yeah, I should have differentiated between Windows System Restore and the System Restore Disks some manufacturers include with their systems. I was referring to using the disks. Though, you did remind me of something; some viruses can infect the restore partition that are common these days, thereby spreading the virus back to the main partition once the system is restored. These are a few reasons I prefer to use OEM Microsoft install disks and a single partition.

Ah yeah, I should have differentiated between Windows System Restore and the System Restore Disks some manufacturers include with their systems. I was referring to using the disks. Though, you did remind me of something; some viruses can infect the restore partition that are common these days, thereby spreading the virus back to the main partition once the system is restored. These are a few reasons I prefer to use OEM Microsoft install disks and a single partition.

You make a good point, However when using XP I always delete the partition entirely then create a new partition.. Start from a clean reformatted disk .. Overkill maybe, but it only takes an extra 45 min to re partition the disk.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top