JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@11Charlie this sure Sucks Brother, maybe you think about stayin put now?
@CountryGent @TeacherSmurf same thing, where ya going to go now that one of the last states to hold the thin red line is abort to fall?
Alaska is the only state that is completely free, and it's lookin like the southern Anchorage area is do-able for freedom loving patriots, but if Alaska falls, then what?

I've seen multiple Texas guys on other forums talking about where they may move when Texas goes blue. There are many gun owners who moved to a "free state" only to have it go blue a year or two after the move. As uncomfortable as it is, gun owners need to face the fact that no state is safe. I am afraid that gun owners fleeing their state when things start getting bad is going to come back to bite us. No matter where you live or move to, we all need to get off our butts and get to work.

@CountryGent @TeacherSmurf same thing, where ya going to go now that one of the last states to hold the thin red line is abort to fall?
Alaska is the only state that is completely free, and it's lookin like the southern Anchorage area is do-able for freedom loving patriots, but if Alaska falls, then what?

Good question, with no easy answer. Alaska, for us, is out. Too damn cold and too damn dark. The weather I prefer is "hot, hot, hot". On the short list would be Idaho and Oklahoma. Both are a little too cold and a little too culturally conservative for our tastes, but I'd take it over a Marxist nightmare in a heartbeat. There is also Flori-duh, but that is a bit farther afield.

i'm too vested in my Ranch in Colorado, otherwise it would be Anchorage for us!
Sad as Colorado is such a beautiful state, and it used to be a very free, pro gun state!

I could sell the Ranch, make LOTS of cash though, then retire to southern Alaska and stay there and hunt and fish and Fly my self to death! :D

@11Charlie this sure Sucks Brother, maybe you think about stayin put now?
You know what's next, and it ain't gonna be purdy... Me thinks the tree of Liberty is going to get watered with the blood of tyrants and, unfortunately, Patriots...

Good question, with no easy answer. Alaska, for us, is out. Too damn cold and too damn dark. The weather I prefer is "hot, hot, hot". On the short list would be Idaho and Oklahoma. Both are a little too cold and a little too culturally conservative for our tastes, but I'd take it over a Marxist nightmare in a heartbeat. There is also Flori-duh, but that is a bit farther afield.
Don't worry, no one here is gonna make you go to church. Mostly, I just get left alone. Can't speak for Oklahoma though.

Oh dear, the Bible Belt. I suppose we can just ignore the blather, and might find dark humor in it all. (Honk!) Thanks for ideas; adding these to the research list. :s0155:
Perhaps you're being a tad prejudicial here. In the past year, I spent a few weeks each in Tennessee, Alabama, & West Virginia. Yes, there are a lot of churches there, though seems to me no less than I find here. What I did find was a lot of places where people left you the heck alone.
I must add, to the man and woman, every person I know who is an actively practicing member in a faith community is stronger because of their community and faith -- that includes buddhists, muslims, jews, catholics and christians.

could this be a result from californians trying to escape california and takin their anti gun BS with them? for real, i thought AZ was about as free as it gets

like Oregon and Washington, Arizona or Virginia it makes no difference where the cancer comes from. It will be the liberal gun owners that will continue to vote the vermin in to destroy America.

Last Edited:
Guns & Ammo ranks AZ as its #1 best state for gun owners, but ID is right behind at #2. Based on the map above, and considering the effort it takes to relocate, if I were looking for a safe haven as a gun owner, I personally would be heading for ID or WY.

If gun laws are all that what means to you and if you want a state with some nice scenery you can consider Tennessee. THey just loosened up the CHL restrictions where now you don't have to have live range time anymore to get a CHL, but still got to take a 4 hour course with a fairly challenging exam at the end. Although ,you have to miss a bunch of questions to fail the exam. However, in TN you can carry your gun in your car (extension of your home, castle doctrine) without a permit.

I am not particularly loving Tennessee and being a single , unmarried guy, it is kind of boring as people marry young here and it is very churchy in many places (if you are religious Christian, you will like it, maybe). Basically, if you are single bachelor looking for some fun and social life, TN may not be the place. But, if you are looking for place with beautiful mountain scenery (East TN: Knoxville, Chattanooga, Tri-Cities, etc) and some pretty decent gun laws and low taxes, it is pretty ideal. The weather is actually much colder overall than the Northwest and Summer is much more hot and humid (Literally , FL Summers), so you have to be prepared for that. Being from Northwest I kind of got spoiled by temperate weather. Here it is extremes. As well, there always is a bit of stigma in the smaller towns if you are not from Tennessee or the South. But, it is fairly accepting place, overall. Nashville kind of sucks and is liberal, but you don't have to go too far outside. However, if you are looking for a place to retire, settle down and not a bachelor who needs a little fun or dating life, TN is pretty good. I think I would enjoy retiring in this state more than living here and having to find a job. Wages are a bit low here and the towns are very sleepy.

Still, if I ever am forced to move to a unfriendly gun state (because of a job), I would feel very safe leaving my guns stored here, esp if SHTF and Dems decide to pass gun confiscation bills. Tennessee would be one of the safer and more gun friendly states. Your gun rights will probably be respected here longer before other states.

One word of warning, Californians are moving here in droves. They are taking their libtarded politics with them. YOu do have some more pro-gun and rational minded Californians who are just mere refugees, but many of the liberal types just want their cheaper living and to be able to afford a house instead of a crappy apartment surrounded by thugs and psycho homeless people. So they come over to TN, like they did to OR, WA, TX, AZ and bring along their politics to "FIX THOSE STATES".

Some other SOuthern states have really become pro-gun as of late. Ironically, the home state of the president who is the father of the First Assault Weapon Ban (Bill Clinton) , actually now is one of the gun friendliest states in America. Arkansas now has Constitutional Carry. And, Fayetteville, is supposedly becoming a pretty desirable place to live and retire. As well, Mississippi also has Constitutional Carry. For those who want some stunning mountain scenery and can bring a job along with them :D, West Virginia also is very pro-gun state and think it will be receiving quite a few new residents from the "Other" Virginia very soon. West Virginia also is Constitutional Carry. Unlike Idaho, which is receiving many , many liberal California transplants, you don't have such fears of all Californians and super liberal transplants coming in hordes to these more traditional and less popular states like Arkansas, West Virginia and Mississippi. I think your gun rights would be safer for longer here. I feel Tennessee's huge rural population will probably counter the influx of liberals from Chicago, California and the Northeast. Not to mention, many people come here for the very reason that they want these freedoms. I met a lot of Californians also who are so excited to get their first CHL and be able to carry a gun legally. Kentucky is another very gun friendly state. Despite booting out Bevin and voting in a liberal governor (which sucks), the Attorney General is staunch , pro-gun conservative and the state is overall very pro-gun. KY always was kind of a blue dog Democrat state (like Pennsylvania), which has a lot of conservative values but tends to support things like Unions, etc. But their love for gun rights and personal freedoms is unabashed. Kentucky has Constitutional Carry and neighboring Ohio and Indiana are pretty pro-gun states as well. Louisville and Lexington are supposedly fairly nice cities to live with improving economies.

For those of you who don't want to live in Wyoming (which can be rough), as it is so freaking rural, you can also consider places like Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, West Virginia, Mississippi.

North Carolina has better gun laws than South Carolina and has only been loosening the gun laws.. Of course, it is very popular place for New Yorkers and East Coast libtards to come down. I was shocked last time in Charlotte how many NEw Yorkers and NE people have taken over the city. But, native North Carolnians are some of the most charming, friendly and patriotic people I ever met. They are some of the most gun loving people and the home of some of coolest gun stores , along with Tennesse

Last Edited:
Its getting nutty out there. The best thing non fudd gun owners can do is not comply and fight the registration and "buy back" BS in court.

As long as you put yourself on that island by yourself, that's cool. I'd hope the rest of the 2A crowd would welcome the votes from us "fudd gun owners". Just because I don't go larping around with a plastic POS, doesn't mean I don't vote for you to be able to.

Huh. This is the problem, people want to just run away. I say F em all, they aren't getting a damn thing of mine.

Confiscation? Ehh.....that's not gonna end well for anyone.

As long as you put yourself on that island by yourself, that's cool. I'd hope the rest of the 2A crowd would welcome the votes from us "fudd gun owners". Just because I don't go larping around with a plastic POS, doesn't mean I don't vote for you to be able to.

Dude. You aren't a "fudd" so don't even put yourself there. And plastic POS? Again...dude.....you don't really mean that.

Now larping? I'm sure you lead your "patrol team" around the airsoft arena quite nicely. :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top