JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Nice, however way too easily corruptible. IMO.

Licensing, permitting etc for firearms & carry was a long-standing method in some areas of our country to keep certain groups from being able to defend themselves.

Seems that this COULD easily turn similar, depending upon the County, or the next Sherrif.

Just overturn bogus laws.

Unless I am missing something this part makes no sense:
he would not refuse to enforce laws he disagreed with but instead would work around them through a process of deputization.

What is a 'work around' of laws? Selective enforcement?
And how would 'deputization' facilitate a 'work around' ?

What is the definition of 'work around' and how does an armed deputy influence this?

An armed deputy is supposed to enforce laws - not 'work around' them.

Yah, but if some bogus law called for citizen disarmament, then the sheriff deputizes everyone...there's the workaround.

As I posited above, a great idea that could easily be abused.

Holy crap if he didn't just threaten to use the posse comitatus...

I theorized that is how a civil war might start but damn if someone didn't threaten it.

Holy crap if he didn't just threaten to use the posse comitatus...
Not quite - Posse Comitatus references the use of the U.S . Military to maintain law and order in the civilian sector - in it's most basic interpretation.

Last Edited:
Only tangentially related, but saw this plate on the car in front of me on my commute home through Portland this evening:

49C3299D-79BC-426A-9EF7-24720CE2980F.jpeg
Wow, nice custom plate option. :)

Not quite - Posse Comitatus references the use of the U.S . Military to maintain law and order in the civilian sector - in it's most basic interpretation.

"In common law, posse comitatus (Latin, "county force", meaning a sort of local militia) referred to the authority wielded by the county sheriff to conscript any able-bodied male over the age of fifteen to assist him in keeping the peace or to pursue and arrest a felon; compare hue and cry. It is the law enforcement equivalent of summoning the militia for military purposes"

You can read more here:

Saw this on Twitter and followed the link, linked to some news site called Neon something or other, thought it was one of those Theonion type parody sites, than I looked further into it and found it was true, this is insane, the dems have pretty much taken over Virginia they want to shove their gun control agenda down the law abiding gun owners, and the Sheriff like most of the Oath Keepers have promised will fight to the death and if necessary with thousands of new deputies, I've been going through some scenarios of how this plays itself out, A. They don't pass it and no one has their guns confiscated, B. They do pass it and there is hardly an Officer in the state who will enforce it or C. Worst case scenario, they pass it and while it's being challenged in the courts leftist officers follow the law and start to confiscate guns and are challenged by Oath Keepers and the bullets start flying, this starts happening in one left controlled state after another and we got a revolution going, it seems like the UN outsiders who want us to be divided so they can conquer us are determined to turn us against each other one way or another. Now comes the more important question how far away are we here in Oregon from this same type of law being proposed by the left controlling the state? We all know they have a gun control agenda and want to shove it down our throats just like in Virginia, we too have Oath Keepers like the Sheriffs in Virginia and other states who will defend the seccond to the death and will not take guns from law abiding citizens, it could get real ugly real quick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top