JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This headline and the article are misleading. ... The amendments allow prosecution of such threats in the City of Richmond, as opposed to the jurisdiction where the threat was made, if the target of the threat is certain elected officials.

I haven't read the article (can't) or the law in question (lazy) but the description of the amendment seems substantial to me.

It removes the question of whether the speech was a threat from one's home area and puts it smack dab in the middle of Mordor. When the jury is selected, are the jurors really the Defendant's peers? Does the jury speak in the same local colloquialisms as the Defendant? The Defendant must travel potentially hundreds of miles to deal with the case, rather than have it dealt with locally -- this is both more expensive and more difficult to do effectively, giving the state and its unlimited resources additional power.

I did a simple search to catch up on news from VA ("virginia gun laws") and second in the list was clickbait headline I fell for: That Pro-Gun Rally in Virginia Wasn't Exactly "Peaceful"

This article is amazing propaganda and a polished sh_tpost. It's well written but it drips with contempt for all the gun totin' yokels. Worse, ever thing about it is an example of shockingly manipulative spin, both subtle and blatant. To save you from giving GQ a click, some excerpts:

Headline:

gq1.png

gq2.png

As everyone can see from the pictures taken of the event, it was multicultural -- even the Black Panthers were there (and note, not excerpted here but contained in the article, is reference to the Black Panthers and CA's gun control response -- one gets the notion the author thinks that was a racist act, though why she can't make the connection to VA's current legislative agenda is hard to fathom). Anyway, nice use of subtlety to imply only white people are concerned about the 2A.
gq3.png

Oh I see: it is obviously only white men who showed up at the event, pictorial evidence to the contrary be damned.

gq4.png

The author laments the fact that people here illegally chose not to rally, while people here legally chose to rally in order to protect a constitutional right. The nerve of some citizens and lawful residents!

gq5.png

The author is also pushing a narrative that ends with America abandoning the Constitutional Republic form of democracy, and moves on to the Pure Democracy form by condoning any laws passed irrespective of whether they comport with the Constitution. It is short sighted for those with momentary power to chant "popular vote" as if power never shifts and the rights of the minority are meaningless. Only morons are incapable of envisioning a world where mob power unrestrained by Constitutional principles can lead to horrible consequences.

Last Edited:
Once again, this headline and the article are a bunch of bull. Don't get all worked up:

This headline and the article are misleading. This is not new legislation. It merely amends existing legislation related to bomb threats or threats of death or bodily harm against anyone (not just government officials). The amendments allow prosecution of such threats in the City of Richmond, as opposed to the jurisdiction where the threat was made, if the target of the threat is certain elected officials.

It does not creat new crimes. It does not outlaw criticism of government. No need to get all spun up.

Bill Tracking - 2020 session > Legislation

This is what I hate seeing around here. It the exact thing haters of the 2nd amendment do to convince the uneducated masses that GUNS are the problem and NOT the people that use them illegally. This poster you quote has been spreading garbage like this to the point I will no longer consider him helpful to the cause. Quite the opposite, he makes us look like idiots when we start foaming at the mouth after being misled.

Smarten up people, if it sounds crazy, verify for yourself.

Oh you guys arent going to believe this.... What in the hell are the legislators thinking?

In the wake of the Virginia gun rights rally on Monday, Democrats in the Capitol are not slowing down their push for tyranny. They are moving a bill through the legislature that would effectively criminalize dissent against Governor Blackface Northam and other state government officials.

[link to bigleaguepolitics.com (secure)]
your link doesn't work or it does but i can't move past the agree page. Meaning I hit agree to both boxes and hit continue and it just keeps coming back saying I need to agree to both boxes. I can't read what link is trying to convey.

different and workable link:
It seems clear to me and new if I say he should be drawn and quartered that makes it a misdemeanor. Or saying that about any of his legislatures. :p:p
So yeah He should be drawn and quartered. :)
Oh, wait!!!:eek::D
legal note: Was only being funny, and not serious. No need to come and blow me away at 1 am please thank you! LEO.:D:D
At any rate that's how things are going and have been a bipartisan thing for a long time already. ;):cool:

I'm prepared to mobilize out to Virginia. If these stupid kangaroo court processes continue to fail...the fight will be in Virginia and I want to be there with fellow patriots. I'm ready for spaghetti >:0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top