JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then they will skirt around the SCOTUS decisions like they did in DC with CCL.
Bingo, this doesn't stop until either Roberts starts ordering review of lesser judges through whatever internal processes the Judicial Branch has or we retake the House and start impeaching.

Or until Trump packs the courts like an oversized, Carolina Reaper-paste-coated suppository from Hell...

Uh oh...

Virginia Senate Advances 'Red Flag' Gun Law, Despite Rally

"
  • Jan. 21, 2020, 4:15 p.m. ET

RICHMOND, Va. — The day after a massive gathering of gun-rights activists at the Virginia Capitol, the state Senate on Tuesday advanced legislation that would allow authorities to take guns away from people deemed dangerous to themselves or others.
The Democratic-led Senate gave preliminary approval to approved the so-called "red flag" law. The measure is set for a final vote in the Senate, likely Wednesday, before going to the House.
Republicans blasted the bill as an assault on gun rights and civil liberties. Democrats said the bill was a thoughtful measure that would preserve due process while also protecting people against potential gun violence.
The bill is one of several gun-control measures the new Democratic majority at the General Assembly is set to pass this year.

Also on Tuesday, the Democratic-led House killed several pro-gun measures in a subcommittee meeting. Those GOP-backed measures included a bill to allow people to carry concealed handguns without a permit and to repeal a limit on carrying weapons in churches and other places of worship.
Tuesday's legislative action came a day after tens of thousands of gun-rights activists from around the country rallied peacefully at the state Capitol to protest plans by the state's Democratic leadership to pass gun-control legislation.
"

Northam himself says:

Statement of Governor Ralph S. Northam on Lobby Day Demonstration
RICHMOND—We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation. This resulted from weeks of planning and extensive cooperation among state, local, and federal partners in Virginia and beyond.

Virginia's law enforcement and first responders demonstrated tremendous professionalism. I'm proud of their work. I have spoken with Colonel Settle of the State Police, Colonel Pike of the Capitol Police, and Chief Smith of the Richmond Police Department, as well as leaders of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office, and thanked them for keeping Virginia safe.

Thousands of people came to Richmond to make their voices heard. Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully. The issues before us evoke strong emotions, and progress is often difficult. I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe.

# # #​

Wanna bet those 22k who attended and got to beta test that new facial recognizing software with all those cams won't get a nice letter of warning?

Statement of Governor Ralph S. Northam on Lobby Day Demonstration
RICHMOND—We are all thankful that today passed without incident. The teams successfully de-escalated what could have been a volatile situation. This resulted from weeks of planning and extensive cooperation among state, local, and federal partners in Virginia and beyond.

Virginia's law enforcement and first responders demonstrated tremendous professionalism. I'm proud of their work. I have spoken with Colonel Settle of the State Police, Colonel Pike of the Capitol Police, and Chief Smith of the Richmond Police Department, as well as leaders of the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's office, and thanked them for keeping Virginia safe.

Thousands of people came to Richmond to make their voices heard. Today showed that when people disagree, they can do so peacefully. The issues before us evoke strong emotions, and progress is often difficult. I will continue to listen to the voices of Virginians, and I will continue to do everything in my power to keep our Commonwealth safe.

What a load of crap. All that dung between his ears just spilled out of his mouth.:mad:

What a joke, hey Ralph, that 22K could have razed the capitol building if they so chose and your "de-escalation" teams could not have done squat about it. Come back to reality and quit hiding under that sheet hood.

Last Edited:
Oh you guys arent going to believe this.... What in the hell are the legislators thinking?

In the wake of the Virginia gun rights rally on Monday, Democrats in the Capitol are not slowing down their push for tyranny. They are moving a bill through the legislature that would effectively criminalize dissent against Governor Blackface Northam and other state government officials.

[link to bigleaguepolitics.com (secure)]

Thats what I am most curious to see here.

Was the mass gathering effective at all in preventing these going forwards or will they do it anyways?

Did they win the day or the battle?

Don't get me wrong the turn out is great as is all the positive lime light not showing 2A as wild raving lunatics like we are constantly painted as in the medias. If this was happening more often around the country like all the counter protest and riots were pre/post 2016 election results the better.

I think they won the day. I don't think, no matter how many turned out, that the legislators were going to do anything differently. That said, I think the size of the rally, the peacefulness of it was a big message not only to VA, but to the rest of the country, that it's not some angry, racist, white nationalist, radical minority that supports gun rights. For all the lies told leading up to and after the rally, people can see for themselves who gun rights proponents really are. So I see that as a net positive.

As for the legislation, I suspect it will have to be addressed in the courts. And that can't be done until after it passes. I have little doubt the NRA and others are prepared to drag them into court, first requesting an immediate injunction, followed by a case that could be taken all the way to SCOTUS. And that could be a big deal for all of us, depending on how that goes. I expect, at the least, there will be no chance of VA to begin enforcement of these laws if the lawyers get on this ASAP. It could be tied up for years, with the hopeful result being that the voters of VA will get their collective heads out of the azzes and vote out these traitors.

Post birth abortions? Seriously? This guy is off the tracks!!! Time for the good people of Virginia to impeach this nut job!

College students interviewed post Northam comments were in favor of post-birth abortions up to 3 years. :eek::eek::eek:

Okay, let's make it 45 years then... Bill Cosby has been shamed, but he used to say "I brought you into this world, I'll take you out!!!".

Oh you guys arent going to believe this.... What in the hell are the legislators thinking?

In the wake of the Virginia gun rights rally on Monday, Democrats in the Capitol are not slowing down their push for tyranny. They are moving a bill through the legislature that would effectively criminalize dissent against Governor Blackface Northam and other state government officials.

Maybe you can summarize -- I can't get through the intervening page even after checking both boxes and agreeing.

Well, did we really expect them to just fold and not pass those bills out of committee? I don't think so.

But not imposing heavier penalties on actual gun violence while making citizens instant felons.... Bah!!! The only good thing is that it shows who they really are...

Even as gun control groups like Giffords acknowledge that less than one percent of the population drives violent crime in most cities, anti-gun activists and politicians have the 99% of us in their legislative crosshairs.

Once again, this headline and the article are a bunch of bull. Don't get all worked up:

This headline and the article are misleading. This is not new legislation. It merely amends existing legislation related to bomb threats or threats of death or bodily harm against anyone (not just government officials). The amendments allow prosecution of such threats in the City of Richmond, as opposed to the jurisdiction where the threat was made, if the target of the threat is certain elected officials.

It does not creat new crimes. It does not outlaw criticism of government. No need to get all spun up.

Bill Tracking - 2020 session > Legislation

Once again, this headline and the article are a bunch of bull. Don't get all worked up:

This headline and the article are misleading. This is not new legislation. It merely amends existing legislation related to bomb threats or threats of death or bodily harm against anyone (not just government officials). The amendments allow prosecution of such threats in the City of Richmond, as opposed to the jurisdiction where the threat was made, if the target of the threat is certain elected officials.

It does not creat new crimes. It does not outlaw criticism of government. No need to get all spun up.

Bill Tracking - 2020 session > Legislation

But what if we LIKE getting, as you put it, all spun up???

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top