JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is anybody in the legislature going to be at the location, or will they all be in their underground bunkers that we footed the bill for?

I read someplace that they used voting machines that had purportedly had a reputation for being problematic. Jorge Schwartz er' George Soros provided them apparently.

There was plenty of legitimate evidence this tool is a bad person. But put enough money behind it, anything is possible.

Not sure why the non democrats in the Va legislature haven't been vocal in opposition. It's their time to shine. Promises made but not kept. Just shows patriots are alone. Hang on to your guns.

Was there any attempt made, to ask the 4th circuit or SCOTUS for emergency injunction against Gov. Northam's ban on firearms at Capitol? I am guessing it would be denied but we might have a better idea of how the SCOTUS is going to treat us. I am assuming it's with in the Governor's perview to issue a state of emergency but it should have to be well justified imho.

Edit: latest info I could find on VCDL website regarding court fight of gun ban at Capitol. I know the Virginia Supreme Court upheld the ban but I would have thought the next step would be the 4th Circuit. It appears that the VCDL may have given up on seeking any relief from the courts?

Source: VA-ALERT: Update on Governor Northam's Gun Ban

"Yesterday, January 15, Governor Northam declared a temporary state of emergency and banned the carrying & possession of weapons on Capitol Square in Richmond from 5:00 pm Friday, January 17 to 5:00 pm on Tuesday, January 21.

Today, the legal teams of both VCDL and Gun Owners of America (GOA) sought an injunction against enforcement of Northam's Executive Order No. 49 (EO-49). Unfortunately, the Circuit Court denied our request for an injunction.

Both VCDL and GOA believe the court erred in it's decision and our legal team immediately filed an Emergency Petition for Review with the Virginia Supreme Court.

Updates to follow."

Last Edited:
This is certainly bigger than Virginia. I'm just not sure there's a good play left for our side at this point. THIS is exactly what the 2A was spelled out for and I pray for the safety of all those who attend.

Yes it is bigger than VA and yes thee is a good play left. Appeal the laws, you know, like Heller did in DC or Duncan did in CA on the mag ban (which resulted in a free-for-all mag buying week, and hold on enforcement of the law pending appeal). Yes, it takes a few years, but that is the procedure set out in the Constitution for these kinds of things. Jumping to last resorts before the Constitutional process has played out is self-defeating.

Yes it is bigger than VA and yes thee is a good play left. Appeal the laws, you know, like Heller did in DC or Duncan did in CA on the mag ban (which resulted in a free-for-all mag buying week, and hold on enforcement of the law pending appeal). Yes, it takes a few years, but that is the procedure set out in the Constitution for these kinds of things. Jumping to last resorts before the Constitutional process has played out is self-defeating.
How many years will that take?
What happens to guns confiscated in the interim? How will gun owner's be made whole? What about the range owners who are shut down by these laws? What will they do for the 5 or so years it may take for these cases to go through? Unless the courts throw these laws out immediately AND with prejudice, millions will be damaged by them. Any delay is unacceptable.
Truly, justice delayed is justice denied.

How many years will that take?
What happens to guns confiscated in the interim? How will gun owner's be made whole? What about the range owners who are shut down by these laws? What will they do for the 5 or so years it may take for these cases to go through? Unless the courts throw these laws out immediately AND with prejudice, millions will be damaged by them. Any delay is unacceptable.
Truly, justice delayed is justice denied.
Okay; agreed on the last statement. Unfortunately, the wheels of justice grinds ever so slowly in the face of bureaucracy.

An apt analogue is seen in legal immigrancy paperwork, and also in foster care system, as well as lawsuits covering many important things.

No I am not suggesting bending over. Noncompliance is a legal tactic. And a good avenue, as long as one is not stupid about it such as posting or bragging about doing such on social media.

This is where OPSEC is key for those in these troubled areas.

If bad laws makes good people criminals, then perhaps these people should get used to the idea that regardless of where they stand morally, legally they are still criminals, and should consider things previously unthinkable?

I like your optimism but DC v. Heller left us with lots of restrictions remaining and the idea that the gov can maintain restrictions on firearms to one degree or another. I wish it had done more for us.

Lower courts bent and twisted Heller to mean whatever they felt it should have meant, but man, with one more pro-liberty justice on SCOTUS, they'd definitely get the slapdown they surely deserve. Even under the current makeup, there is a good chance for good decisions.

The more I look at what's happening, the more convinced I am that 2A supporters ought to not go to Richmond on Monday. Probably too late by now.. but...
These are the facts as far as we know;
1. State of Emergency declared
2. State Police staging Rook machines
3. State Police erected fencing (weak though)
4. AntiFa claims to be going
5. Its MLK JR day
6. The area around the Capitol building of Richmond; easily overwatched by police snipers
7. If 2A people have to be bused in; at the mercy of State Police's routing and going through hostile areas (AntiFa alleys as previously stated)..
8. Fringe elements will be involved no matter how much organizers tell them not to

All of this adds up to a very dangerous situation that is ripe for the Media and for politicians to declare that keeping 2A is "too dangerous for the US to maintain", and to delegitimate the whole of 2A.

It sure would be nice if the Trump Administration would call up Va NG to protect the 2A supporters buses and routes.... but I have doubts that'll be allowed to happen.

Strategy is key here.

Personally,.maybe a better strategy would be for 2A supporters to in effect, blockade the roads and such going into Richmond, stay on the outside, have massive popular support (armies of 2A supporters from every pro-2A counties) with the help of pro 2A county sheriff departments... in effect,

Laying a siege to the city instead of

Busing/ walking into an ambush in "enemy controlled area".

Perhaps I may have the answer to end all this tomfoolery; ready?

"Because Russia!"

Maybe it is fake news or not, but USA seems to be under the "looming threat" of Russia and its allies. Try to force us to comply with giving up our guns, that could give whatever enemies a window to attack. Our military may not be able to mobilise from afar to fight in-land, whereas, WE THE PEOPLE can!

Maybe I am blowing this out of proportion.......

But, then there is also our Constitution: "Shall not be infringed......"

The more I look at what's happening, the more convinced I am that 2A supporters ought to not go to Richmond on Monday. Probably too late by now.. but...
5. Its MLK JR day
6. The area around the Capitol building of Richmond; easily overwatched by police snipers
7. If 2A people have to be bused in; at the mercy of State Police's routing and going through hostile areas (AntiFa alleys as previously stated)..
8. Fringe elements will be involved no matter how much organizers tell them not to

All of this adds up to a very dangerous situation that is ripe for the Media and for politicians to declare that keeping 2A is "too dangerous for the US to maintain", and to delegitimate the whole of 2A.

It sure would be nice if the Trump Administration would call up Va NG to protect the 2A supporters buses and routes.... but I have doubts that'll be allowed to happen.
If they can't handle attending a rally under some restrictive and challenging circumstances where does that put us. Now every anti gun government and group will know how to shut us down.

If they can't handle attending a rally under some restrictive and challenging circumstances where does that put us. Now every anti gun government and group will know how to shut us down.
I wouldn't blame those who don't want to go inside the fence but really what's their next target to shut down Trump Rallies

5. Its MLK JR day

I agree. This could go sideways.

So... no one (except the police) is supposed to be carrying a firearm at the event. If I lived nearby, drove there, found parking, and walked in, I would have to leave my firearm in my car. Not good.

Then, unarmed, I would be walking into a fenced-in area. Not good.

I don't see an up-side to that scenario. Even a very large turnout of pro-2A folks isn't likely to change the governor's mind.

If someone starts shooting from a rooftop down into a crowd of Deplorables, or sets off an IED, then what? Why is that fence being put up?

Three B's come to mind.

Be aware
Be smart
Be there

Gun grabbers across the country will be watching to see if 2A supporters back down. I hope Gov. Northam's SOE shenannigans emboldens more 2A supporters to show up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top