JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The assault rifle and magazine ban bill failed in the VA senate this morning.

Four democrats voted with republicans because they didn't want to effect so many current gun owners.

It's all the numbers. Purple districts cut both ways. Better to have republicans in power but democrats sometimes come through.

Pay attention, VA...
These Ds got their majority and wasted NO time getting busy. I just read that they're pushing hard to require "art therapists" to be licensed (by The State, of course) cuz, u know... glue and paint and scissors and no, I'm not making that up. Lots of problems with unlicensed art therapists, VA? No? Do it anyway.

I believe they got there in large part through voter apathy (my Dad and sister live there... we talk) and know their days, at least in the majority, are extremely limited. Conservatives stayed home because they thought they were safe and how bad could it be... ?

THIS bad, folks. Get em OUT of there this fall and learn the lesson: Democrats will mobilize against you and it only gets worse.

As mentioned above this was the direct result of a LOT of freedom loving voters siting out the last election. Now a lot of them woke up and the law makers are getting some push back. I would bet the ones who balked at voting for this did NOT change their mind. They are just afraid of losing their job. If the people pushing back fall asleep again they will gladly vote this in. So I hope the voters there stay awake till next election and vote some of these people out.

Gone but not forgotten.
Pretty overwhelming vote (5-10) to delay this thing... what are they waiting for?

My best guess is self-preservation. Their fear over losing their seats and thus, their majority has caused them to put this off in hopes that they can repair the damage they've done before the election(s)... bury everybody in bullsh*t for the next 9 mos and moderate their tone in the hope of maintaining/consolidating power and start "fresh" next session.

I would personally counsel that any congresscritter who EVER spoke in favor of, and didn't actively fight against this bill be voted out regardless of how they voted in committee. They are cowards and fools and have now gone against their own "beliefs", such as they are, to try to save themselves.

That, of course, is just my opinion.

Last Edited:
So for other states that were chomping at the bits to enact similar measures, what is their take from this? For me it was a perfect storm of the dems chose the wrong place to pic a fight and the wrong coward to lead it.

Several bills are still working their way thru Virginia legislature. They are facing Universal Background Check, a limit to purchasing one firearm per month, and a Red Flag law.

Several bills are still working their way thru Virginia legislature. They are facing Universal Background Check, a limit to purchasing one firearm per month, and a Red Flag law.
Of those, the "Red Flag" thing is the most egregious and obvious infringement. Due Process is a cornerstone of our legal system and these laws purposefully (and maliciously, IMO) turn that on its head.

The UBC will probably pass... seems to be a trend. It'll kind of F-up MD's excuses of "imported" guns causing Baltimore's epic crime wave. They'll have to come up with a new excuse in a year or two.

One gun per month is stupid and arbitrary. I have a feeling that this one is a sacrificial lamb to be offered-up as an example of compromise.

Gone but not forgotten.
Pretty overwhelming vote (5-10) to delay this thing... what are they waiting for?

My best guess is self-preservation. Their fear over losing their seats and thus, their majority has caused them to put this off in hopes that they can repair the damage they've done before the election(s)... bury everybody in bullsh*t for the next 9 mos and moderate their tone in the hope of maintaining/consolidating power and start "fresh" next session.

I would personally counsel that any congresscritter who EVER spoke in favor of, and didn't actively fight against this bill be voted out regardless of how they voted in committee. They are cowards and fools and have now gone against their own "beliefs", such as they are, to try to save themselves.

That, of course, is just my opinion.

That is exactly what I though when I read the news this morning. I just hope voters stay mad and remember the stench of Tyranny in Richmond come fall.

Put on a shelf in hopes the White House flips.
Not gonna do em any good at the state level unless they consider a party flip as "momentum". Even if DJT is sent packing (doubtful) the POTUS has little to no effect on legislation regardless of their campaign bluster.

They can propose new laws, but they have to pass through the legislative branch first. It's the ONLY thing that kept Obama in check (as designed) for his last 6 yrs and even then he abused his EO authority by illegally "changing" immigration, treaty, and due process laws.

"Hell YES, we're gonna take your AR15" sounds great to hoplophobes and stoopids in a Democrat debate audience, but has no bearing in reality.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top