JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish I could say "unbelievable", but it wouldn't be accurate. I wouldn't put it past the piece of work who is our governor pulling something similar. Ditto the one our friends up in Washington have to put up with.

It says "shall not be infringed" in Virginia too:

Virginia State Constitution, Article 1, Section 13

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power."

For the choir: as always, nothing in there about "assault weapons", "high capacity" magazines, etc. On the contrary. It's about defense of a free state, not hunting, and you don't do that with anything less than the same modern small arms that are available to all potential enemies, both foreign and domestic.

Seems like these politicians that openly go against the constitution should be charged with conspiracy against the people.

I wonder if Virgina will ever live up to it's State motto... o_O

494087B5-6C8C-4C12-8871-D8658B6788B1.jpeg

"When asked directly about whether he is supportive of confiscating "assault weapons from gun owners" Northam replied, "That's something I'm working [on] with our secretary of public safety. I'll work with the gun violence activists, and we'll work [on] that. I don't have a definitely plan today." "

I have long time friends that are avid firearms sportsmen in Noth Vajinia... they want to leave the state but don't know where to go. Oregon and Wa, too messed up with GC restrictions. Maybe Idaho but not on the plains. Coulda moved back to Alaska, but too cold for old people. Oh my.

I have long time friends that are avid firearms sportsmen in Noth Vajinia... they want to leave the state but don't know where to go. Oregon and Wa, too messed up with GC restrictions. Maybe Idaho but not on the plains. Coulda moved back to Alaska, but too cold for old people. Oh my.

Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, Oklahoma (permitless carry!)

Southwestern Arkansas is a sportsman's paradise. Moderate weather, you can fish for almost every freshwater feesh but salmon - but who needs salmon when 10+ lb browns and rainbows are common in the tail waters, and you have smallmouth, largemouth, spotted, and striped bass to chase? Plus catfish, crappie, and other delicious food fish? Plenty of hunting opportunities, decent gun laws, and their only claim to shame - the Clintons

Southwestern Arkansas is a sportsman's paradise. Moderate weather, you can fish for almost every freshwater feesh but salmon - but who needs salmon when 10+ lb browns and rainbows are common in the tail waters, and you have smallmouth, largemouth, spotted, and striped bass to chase? Plus catfish, crappie, and other delicious food fish? Plenty of hunting opportunities, decent gun laws, and their only claim to shame - the Clintons
NW Arkansas has Bull Shoals, Norfork, and Beaver Lakes with all those fish and more. I used to have a marina on Table Rock Lake, which is also partially in Arkansas. In the off season I hunted quail and ducks, and ran a trap line from a boat. Ran coonhounds at night. Hunted deer and turkey also. Beautiful country. I'd consider living in that area again.

Last Edited:

My daughter's family live in NW Ark. There's a few places to fish but almost no place to shoot cept indoor pistol range. It's all private property. I wonder how far they would have to travel to get into fishing such as you describe. There is a big lake north of the border, but they don't have a boat. Maybe next year.

My daughter's family live in NW Ark. There's a few places to fish but almost no place to shoot cept indoor pistol range. It's all private property. I wonder how far they would have to travel to get into fishing such as you describe. There is a big lake north of the border, but they don't have a boat. Maybe next year.

They're probably within a couple hours of some primo fishing. If they're in Northwest Arkansas, it's pretty spiffy too. Like Zeke said, Bull Shoals is up there - that's a huge lake that spills up into Missouri. Then you have Beaver, in the way NW corner of the state. You have the White River, which is a tail water renowned for its huge trout (brown, rainbow, and some cutthroat - all stocked or the descendants of stockers) - the world record brown, IIRC came out of the white. The big reservoirs have stripers plus 3 species of black bass, a slew of panfish species, etc

They're probably within a couple hours of some primo fishing. If they're in Northwest Arkansas, it's pretty spiffy too. Like Zeke said, Bull Shoals is up there - that's a huge lake that spills up into Missouri. Then you have Beaver, in the way NW corner of the state. You have the White River, which is a tail water renowned for its huge trout (brown, rainbow, and some cutthroat - all stocked or the descendants of stockers) - the world record brown, IIRC came out of the white. The big reservoirs have stripers plus 3 species of black bass, a slew of panfish species, etc

Yup, they are in Bella Vista in the Bentonville area.

We fished the Neosho River just below the dam. It was boring. Looks like Bull Shoals/White River is not much farther away. I'll talk to them about it. They like to go to Branson etc and don't mind traveling. They are hoping to get a boat next year but you know how it is with kids raising a family... they got priorities, like buying a house is #1 for them. But reality is that I'd have to die for them to get the down payment. Might as well fish. <sigh>

Thanx!

With cheers from crowd, Pittsylvania County supervisors officially back gun rights with 'Second Amendment Sanctuary' designation.

The resolution is not legally binding, but it does express the county's "intent that public funds of the County not be used to restrict Second Amendment rights" and their intention "to oppose unconstitutional restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms through such legal means as may be expedient, including without limitation, court action."
Pittsylvania County Sheriff Mike Taylor expressed his support for the resolution, saying "this is why votes matter."

But that HUMIDITY!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top