JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone else roll their eyes or cringe when someone says "violence solves nothing" or "war is not the answer"?

I am trying to think of a more definitive way of solving a problem. I can't think of anything that has truly been solved or settled diplomatically and stayed that way. Add pain into it, and magically things stay settled. How many times did your parents say "no", and you brought it up again later? If they just smacked the living crap out of you, I bet it doesn't come up again!

How many times have voters in WA had to vote on income tax or carbon tax? It gets reintroduced EVERY ELECTION CYCLE. And we always vote NO. Politicians wouldn't keep putting it up for a vote if they were drawn and quartered on KING5 news. Or maybe less extreme, caned 50 times like when you play with paint in Singapore.

Just a thought.

Germany Learned that world conquest wasn't in the cards after 1945, took a major arsewhoopin and almost 30 years, but they haven't tried it since we leveled their cities and killed millions of their people!

Like my dad used to tell me since I was knee high to a grasshopper..."people only understand two things, money and violence".

Sometimes the only way to truly learn a lesson is to pick up your teeth with broken fingers.

Though I abhor violence, I've always found that notion absurd and it would require a complete ignorance of history to hold it. The application of force is why the institution of slavery no longer exists on the North American continent and why the Axis powers didn't carve up the world between themselves.

This is a picture of the back of one of my favorite hats. :D

4a7FSKv.jpg

When people pop off with such stupidity, I usually tell them that their mother lied to them. Violence DOES solve problems. In fact, sometimes it's the ONLY thing that will solve certain problems. But people are dumb. :rolleyes:

There are people all over the world who cannot understand anything BUT Violence, particularly the middle east, where Violence is the only way!
The world isn't a very nice place outside the United States, and western Europe, and while we are fortunate to have "Evolved" some, the fact is, Violence will always be present and many times needed!

Violence should not be used arbitrarily to solve every problem but can indeed solve problems, anyone claiming otherwise is either clueless, a liar or both.

Agreed. Sometimes a cracked skull is the only message understood by mouth breathers.

Violence should not be used arbitrarily to solve every problem but can indeed solve problems, anyone claiming otherwise is either clueless, a liar or both.

Agreed, completely. It should always be the last resort after other viable solutions has been exhausted. Senseless violence doesn't solve anything, but usually begets bitterness and hatred, which in turn, produces more of the same. But there are times when using it is simply unavoidable. One can't reason with or negotiate with in good faith a Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, or Bin Laden; they have to be stopped swiftly.

Agreed. Sometimes a cracked skull is the only message understood by mouth breathers.
Agreed, completely. It should always be the last resort after other viable solutions has been exhausted. Senseless violence doesn't solve anything, but usually begets bitterness and hatred, which in turn, produces more of the same. But there are times when using it is simply unavoidable. One can't reason with or negotiate with in good faith a Hitler, Tojo, Mussolini, or Bin Laden; they have to be stopped swiftly.
The problem with the "hands aren't for hurting" and similar crowds is they fail to recognize and/or accept the fact that not everyone shares their high and mighty convictions, there are people out their that will cut your head off for drawing the "wrong cartoon", or stab you for the 10 bucks in your pocket or shoot you over some preserved disrespect intended or otherwise. Violence has a way of ending violence like nothing else.

You are all absolutly correct.

It's funny to me that naive people think that putting those cute little stickers on their cars just magically makes human nature disappear... You know the ones
Tolerance, Coexist, etc

Oh yeah, The Department of Peace is making a comeback I see.:s0125:

Many only understand force. Law makers in this state and a few others never stop trying with inane laws because they may not get the laws they want but, they never lose office. I keep trying to tell other gun owners that the only thing politicians understand and care about it losing power. Nothing else matters squat to them. If a few get kicked to the curb watch how fast the rest change their tune.

Always enjoyed this.

I have seen Pure Evil a few times in my life, the kind you only need a single look to know with out doubt that they are absolute evil!
I was happy I was armed the last one, as I just knew if I had stayed where I was, things were not going to end well! Dude just looked like Satan's spawn!:eek::eek::eek:

I have seen Pure Evil a few times in my life, the kind you only need a single look to know with out doubt that they are absolute evil!
I was happy I was armed the last one, as I just knew if I had stayed where I was, things were not going to end well! Dude just looked like Satan's spawn!:eek::eek::eek:

When I think of this I think of that show Mind Hunters and some of the ones they tried to get info from. Also that waste of air Charlie Campbell who was the last or next to last WA actually executed. That so many still to this day try to defend, make excuses for, and work to keep alive scum like this always has me shaking my head. :s0054:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top