JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would sum it up as Battered Wife Syndrome. It's a lot like Patty Hearst siding with her captors after a while.
As soon as I read this I too (like Sgt) thought of the Stockholm Syndrome. Is there really a parallel? If so then one would have to be completely given over to liberalism, completely inundated to even begin to consider sympathizing with a captor. I could not even begin to imagine it.

As soon as I read this I too (like Sgt) thought of the Stockholm Syndrome. Is there really a parallel? If so then one would have to be completely given over to liberalism, completely inundated to even begin to consider sympathizing with a captor. I could not even begin to imagine it.

Well, I believe you hit the nail on the head. First, one must absolutely be given over to liberalism to begin to sympathize, yes. Second, that is exactly what liberals do all the time! Honestly, how else could the liberals need to completely and totally defend illegal aliens be explained? They call it racism, but race has nothing to do with it. It has to do with people breaking into our country and stealing social services, funneling drugs and exploiting our system. Yet they need to flat out deny reality to defend criminals to the last. Take our old friend Trayvon Martin. We have a situation where criminals were committing enough crimes to push a community to appoint a watch program. These programs occur all over the country. When a criminal(again, let's forget the color of skin in this case and only focus on criminals.) is spotted by the watchman on duty casing houses, is reported to the police, then follows the watchman to his truck and attempts to murder him on the concrete, that criminal is vindicated by the left. The same people that put in place watch programs, allow vicious police states to "protect" them, spend billions annually on security and favor draconian laws, then turn around and vindicate the person they went to so much trouble to catch. How else can it be explained?

Conservatives would simply buy a gun and defend themselves. The left throws all that at the criminal only to scream for his innocence and freedom when the fruits of their labor finally pay off. That's Stockholm Syndrome, boys.

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I do play one on the NWFA forum.

I guess it’s no different from the folks in the People's Republic of Canweforkya buying houses on old landfills and raving about how wonderful the neighborhood is. As long as you ignore the pungent smell of decomposing garbage after each rain and requiring a Methane detector in you home and periodic evacuations…. Other than that…

Has anybody else noticed the recent stories about insurance companies providing private fire departments in some of the wild land fire areas lately? It appears that structure protection has been deprioritized by many of fire departments. So we have to hire our own security and fire protection. What’s next? We have to hire our own private road paving and street light maintenance companies?

CA can thank the federal courts for added expenses fighting wildfires - A good portion of the firefighters who fight those wildfires in CA are minimum security inmates - and with the courts orders to release thousands of inmates and another 10K+ by the end of the year there will be far fewer fire crews available.

As for the Oakland residents living in a war zone and claiming it to be a good neighborhood, it's not really that surprising -with the costs of real estate in the bay area they can't afford to move and they grew up in that environment - if you don't know any different....

Oakland was a schit hole in the 60's when I was stationed at Alameda. I had a knife pulled on me and was robbed in beautiful down town Oakland. Same criminals, different generation.

Yes, I believe in some ways that is where it will go. Neighborhoods will need to come together to make some things happen, whether it is security, fire protection, or some types of maintenance.

The financial bubble will catch up with us. What your are seeing in Detroit and Oakland will spread.

Peter
What is catching up is all the waste and corruption in the government and the large salaries and retirement benefits of the government workers.

Riot,

Having met and interacted with a LOT of police officers and a few Feds, I'm with you in recognizing that the bad cops are the black dot on the white board. Sadly, if there are 100 negative headlines across the nation in a year, people will forget that there are more than 800,000 police officers in the U.S.

Riot,

Having met and interacted with a LOT of police officers and a few Feds, I'm with you in recognizing that the bad cops are the black dot on the white board. Sadly, if there are 100 negative headlines across the nation in a year, people will forget that there are more than 800,000 police officers in the U.S.

And sadly, people are either blind or brainwashed to the fact that the problem just may lie with the fact that there are over 800,000 police officers in the US. How could we ever possibly need that many peace officers and who told them they can violate so many Constitutional rights? There are so many videos of the police doing just that. Not to mention that there is now evidence that possibly thousands of people in prison were put there by "traffic stops" that were pre-determined because of illegal phone tapping. The officers were trained to pretend that all contact initiated with a traffic stop. That is an actual tactic that Edward Snowden helped uncover, not a "conspiracy theory" or "phony scandal".

These things actually happen and thank the Good Lord that people are risking everything to get the truth out there and that people are starting to wake up to the abuse they take all the time.

It's the human condition; good PPL are either bought, black mailed or driven-out of public offices by the corrupt politicians and cops, the parasites always win because they out-breed the hosts.

Problem is, the "good" cops are the black dot on your whiteboard.

I have absolutely no problem with cops in Texas being just as bubblegumty as cops in California. It applies to all big city, militarized police forces that are in place to do nothing but intimidate. I have the utmost respect for my local Sheriff and small town cops. On principle, it is the bad ones that give them a bad name. It is something entirely different when the job itself is offensive and predatory.

I know right and wrong and I will never defend wrong, even if it may get me in "trouble" with the police state that is undoubtedly storing my posts here. The police I support wouldn't be OK with no-knock warrants and the right to rule by intimidation.

Patriotic Conservatives(which is exactly what I am) would want to know how this police force could possibly exist within the rules of The Constitution(the "Patriotic" part) and also how something so bloated could ever be legally funded(the "Conservative" part). Now that I've said that, are you sure you understand the meaning of "Patriotic Conservative"? I have a firm grasp of it.
BRAVO !!!! AND PRAISE TO THOSE THAT DO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION!

BRAVO !!!! AND PRAISE TO THOSE THAT DO UPHOLD THE CONSTITUTION!

Well, thank you. I believe we all need to do our part. If I can get just a few more people(I am still amazed how many people have no idea that DUI checkpoints and other Gestapo tactics are flat-out illegal) to see what is happening around them, it's worth it. The people that put me on their ignore lists are part of the brutal police system, or they feel that they should "get in good" with our "bosses".

If anyone can show me where our Founding Fathers EVER would have wanted us to live under such an oppressive thumb, I will eat a size 7&5/8 Stetson. In fact, all of our founding documents protect us from just what we are experiencing now.

All in the name of "keeping us safe". I don't need anybody to keep me safe that doesn't live in my house. They can take that crap to Oakland or Chicago. People there embrace their captor's with a vigor I could never understand. Stockholm Syndrome must be in the water there.

Keep the fire. Good will prevail, one way or another.

I lived in East Oakland for a a couple years...Auseon Ave....that place is scary. Cops avoid the high crime areas and give out parking and speeding tickets to law abiding people, instead. They're not stupid....would you rather arrest an armed drug gang for felonies or a businessman for a simple violation? As long as the politicians are protected and their union has their back, nobody wants anything to change.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top