JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, the reporter(who undoubtedly lives in a gated community) said that MOST ALL the residents "love the neighborhood too much to leave".

I mean, hey! What's not to love, right? Why wouldn't you want your kids and grandmother being shot for walking a dog? How could that not be the greatest neighborhood on Earth?

Did anyone let the very next video play?

Apparently, the LA Police decided that it's news that they found a cop without a long string of complaints. So much so, that they did a news segment on him. Now, what about the other 10,000 cops just in LA that actually are guilty of the things we see them do on video cameras across the nation.

I guess the new standard is .001% of cops DOING THEIR JOB WITHOUT STRANGLING YOU AND I is a victory. Yay for LA Police!

Did anyone let the very next video play?

Apparently, the LA Police decided that it's news that they found a cop without a long string of complaints. So much so, that they did a news segment on him. Now, what about the other 10,000 cops just in LA that actually are guilty of the things we see them do on video cameras across the nation.

I guess the new standard is .001% of cops DOING THEIR JOB WITHOUT STRANGLING YOU AND I is a victory. Yay for LA Police!

I don't know if this will come to a shock to you or not, but the more you do your job as a cop- the more complaints you will receive. Criminals don't tend to say nice things about you.

-Just Saying

"This is the most wonderful neighborhood I've ever lived in," she said. Yet she acknowledged she has to bring in private security to feel safe.
This makes no sense at all. How can anyone say they live in a "Wonderful neighborhood" yet admit not feeling safe? This defies ANY logic or rational.

California, RV, California!
I understand but what is it? A case 'weakened acceptance' Or is it the belief with some I can "Buy my security to continue to live in this 'Wonderful Neighborhood'? Does she place so much faith in her hired security she can continue to believe it is a 'Wonderful Neighborhood'? I am really missing something here and someone please fill in the gaps! The reality is I do understand the dynamic of this but the rules of this forum prohibits me from expressing what I believe to be the root of the problem....

Kommifornia is the liberals utopian dream for AmeriKa. So next time these brain dead idiots start telling you that "the Police will protect you, the Government will protect you, just give up some more of your liberty." Show them this story and tell them to,,,:s0077:

I don't know if this will come to a shock to you or not, but the more you do your job as a cop- the more complaints you will receive. Criminals don't tend to say nice things about you.

-Just Saying

That's true. But hey, the women whose pants they shoved their hands down have good things to say, huh? Or the throats of the people they stand on? Please, don't try to push your sadist/masochist desire to be beat by men in uniform on me.

-Just Saying

I understand but what is it? A case 'weakened acceptance' Or is it the belief with some I can "Buy my security to continue to live in this 'Wonderful Neighborhood'? Does she place so much faith in her hired security she can continue to believe it is a 'Wonderful Neighborhood'? I am really missing something here and someone please fill in the gaps! The reality is I do understand the dynamic of this but the rules of this forum prohibits me from expressing what I believe to be the root of the problem....

I would sum it up as Battered Wife Syndrome. It's a lot like Patty Hearst siding with her captors after a while.

I guess it's no different from the folks in the People's Republic of Canweforkya buying houses on old landfills and raving about how wonderful the neighborhood is. As long as you ignore the pungent smell of decomposing garbage after each rain and requiring a Methane detector in you home and periodic evacuations.... Other than that...

Has anybody else noticed the recent stories about insurance companies providing private fire departments in some of the wild land fire areas lately? It appears that structure protection has been deprioritized by many of fire departments. So we have to hire our own security and fire protection. What's next? We have to hire our own private road paving and street light maintenance companies?

That's true. But hey, the women whose pants they shoved their hands down have good things to say, huh? Or the throats of the people they stand on? Please, don't try to push your sadist/masochist desire to be beat by men in uniform on me.

-Just Saying

You do know that incident was in TEXAS, right? Here we have an officer in CALIFORNIA with no complaints on file and you somehow equate all cops with the bad actions of the few...

You ever hear of the black dot on the whiteboard? Everyone notices the black dot since it stands out...but everyone misses the whiteboard it's drawn on. People see the bad, the cop that abuses their authority and violates people's rights. But what about the good ones that do their job every day and never overstep their authority?

Think about that, first, before you try to turn this into a cop bashing thread in a forum full of patriotic Conservatives.

We-Support-The-Police.jpg

You do know that incident was in TEXAS, right? Here we have an officer in CALIFORNIA with no complaints on file and you somehow equate all cops with the bad actions of the few...

You ever hear of the black dot on the whiteboard? Everyone notices the black dot since it stands out...but everyone misses the whiteboard it's drawn on. People see the bad, the cop that abuses their authority and violates people's rights. But what about the good ones that do their job every day and never overstep their authority?

Think about that, first, before you try to turn this into a cop bashing thread in a forum full of patriotic Conservatives.

We-Support-The-Police.jpg

Problem is, the "good" cops are the black dot on your whiteboard.

I have absolutely no problem with cops in Texas being just as bubblegumty as cops in California. It applies to all big city, militarized police forces that are in place to do nothing but intimidate. I have the utmost respect for my local Sheriff and small town cops. On principle, it is the bad ones that give them a bad name. It is something entirely different when the job itself is offensive and predatory.

I know right and wrong and I will never defend wrong, even if it may get me in "trouble" with the police state that is undoubtedly storing my posts here. The police I support wouldn't be OK with no-knock warrants and the right to rule by intimidation.

Patriotic Conservatives(which is exactly what I am) would want to know how this police force could possibly exist within the rules of The Constitution(the "Patriotic" part) and also how something so bloated could ever be legally funded(the "Conservative" part). Now that I've said that, are you sure you understand the meaning of "Patriotic Conservative"? I have a firm grasp of it.

This makes no sense at all. How can anyone say they live in a "Wonderful neighborhood" yet admit not feeling safe? This defies ANY logic or rational.

PEGS makes perfect sense. The "Physical" aspects of the neighborhood such as location, topography, views and the "Economic" make up of the residents with their larger expensive houses are what she finds positive. The lack of "Governmental" response and changing "Social" characteristics of adjacent neighborhood leading to a spill over of violent crime is why she does not feel safe.

I guess it's no different from the folks in the People's Republic of Canweforkya buying houses on old landfills and raving about how wonderful the neighborhood is. As long as you ignore the pungent smell of decomposing garbage after each rain and requiring a Methane detector in you home and periodic evacuations.... Other than that...

Has anybody else noticed the recent stories about insurance companies providing private fire departments in some of the wild land fire areas lately? It appears that structure protection has been deprioritized by many of fire departments. So we have to hire our own security and fire protection. What's next? We have to hire our own private road paving and street light maintenance companies?

Yes, I believe in some ways that is where it will go. Neighborhoods will need to come together to make some things happen, whether it is security, fire protection, or some types of maintenance.

The financial bubble will catch up with us. What your are seeing in Detroit and Oakland will spread.

Peter

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top