Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Vinyl LP Record Values

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RVTECH, Dec 11, 2011.

1. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience in the 'world' of vinyl LP record values, buying or selling? Along with a previous post about being ruthless when getting rid of stuff I think I can probably sell my LP collection. Any input about where to start will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

My son wheels n' deals Vinyl on eBay regularly..

3. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I dont know if Happy Trails is still in Corvallis but they deal in vinyl.

4. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There's 30 + Used and New record Stores in the Valley. Theres also Ranch Records in Bend. Though selling to a dealer your not going to get 1/2 the retail value.

I collect LPs both Rock and Jazz. and can help you out getting headed in the right direction.

I have sent you a PM on this.

5. AudibleEnforcer

AudibleEnforcer Alabama Active Member

I dabbled for quite a long time in the vinyl trade. Unless what you have is pretty damn rare, in pretty damn good condition, your best best is to break the up into 20-25 album groups and sell them off that way. Ebay is always a good barometer for the common LP. I just sold my last rare piece of wax, an old Santana TAKRL labeled bootleg. I was only able to find one auction for the same album in the past 5 years and I'm pretty good at the internets. ;)

If you need help, shoot me a PM and maybe I can help you appraise your collection and determine the best course of action.

6. husker

husker portland Active Member

This guy is on mark and brian sometimes. Seems to know his stuff and answers peoples questions.

moneymusic.com