JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i am looking for a source for a front sight. i have a 1908 colt 380 that has needed a sight for forty years.does anyone know a source on the northwest i might find one and get it installed.

Should be just a very small blade (half-moon) resting in a slot. Any smith worth his salt should be able to fabricate and attach one to appear as original.

I should add, I can supply close-up pics of my '08 front sight if needed.

I would avoid the above Colt parts like the plauge. He charges 3 to 4 times over what everyone else does. And sells broken parts!

I bought a Python hammer from him for $275 out of desperation, and the full cock notch was only half there, then he blamed me for it. And all I did was unwrap it and look at it :(

Try,
Jack First, gun-parts.com, numrich (aka e-gunparts.com) or WL Johnson Enterprise in Grants Pass

Once again, this sight I don't believe will be an available item even from a good Colt's part supplier, as it is only a half-moon sliver of steel (not like a "front sight for a Smith and Wesson Model 57" or such). If the open slot is there, or filled by what is left of the original sight, a good smith should be able to make one.

Here's mine:

Colt Parts
P.O.Box 65641
Vancouver, WA 98665
360-737-2658
Hours 8:00 - 5:00 Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

I got a slide safety retaining screw for my 1903 Type I .32 auto from this guy for $25. Seems like a lot for a little #2-64 shoulder screw, but try to find one somewhere else. So I swallowed hard and paid his price for an original screw. I looked for one for many years before I found that this guy had one. On the other hand, he is a bit prickly, and not easy to deal with. He would be my last resort, as he was in this case.

OP asked for a source, give him a chance to at least ask them.

Yah I could make one in less than an hour and have it installed, but he asked for a source, once again.....a source.

OP asked for a source, give him a chance to at least ask them.

Yah I could make one in less than an hour and have it installed, but he asked for a source, once again.....a source.

I apologize if my sincere attempt to help (and good evidence/explanation for why this particular part is in no way to be considered as other parts are that might be available, such as extractors, firing pins, etc., etc.) has offended anyone. I certainly was not prohibiting him from trying, and certainly have even more resources for Colt's parts than have been mentioned here. I simply do not believe that is a solution to his problem, and therefore offered what I believe to the best solution.

If I insisted that I needed oranges in Anchorage Alaska, and believed the solution to my problem was to locate orange groves in Anchorage Alaska, I would sincerely hope that someone would point out to me that oranges might be found easier elsewhere in order to bring them to Anchorage Alaska.

thanks guys. i am sure with everyones input i will get a sight. this firearm has been in the family for a long long time and has been handed down to me now.

You might try Lee's gun parts in Texas.

Lee's Gun Parts
3401 West Pioneer Drive Suite 2
Irving, TX 75061
Phone: (972) 790-0773
Fax: (972) 313-0991
Hours: 9 a.m.- 5p.m., Tues, Wed, & Thurs only
Web address: Lee's Gun Parts

Or,

Dick Williams Gunshop
4985 Cole Rd
Saginaw, MI 48601